1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What Happened to the Friends Cast?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by rarbass, Apr 19, 2010.

1. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
    So having finished my collection of the Friends series and having watched every episode, I'm left to wonder...what happened to Matthew Perry? Was Chandler his only good role? But I guess it could be said about any of the characters...did they really only fit in those roles? (besides Jennifer Aniston and Courtney Cox)
    Matt LeBlanc also starred in the Lost in Space movie, nothing great there...plus he starred in Joey, but that failed miserably and unsurprisingly...
    Matthew Perry had a small role in 17 Again, which was ridiculous and didn't really showcase much of his acting skill...has he done anything else?

There was a rumour at one point about a Friends movie (much like sex in the city) but that ended up being only a rumour. I think that wouldve been a good idea to be honest.

It just surprises me that most of these actors didn't do much after Friends...I guess it's not an uncommon thing, but still...

Anyone agree?

2. Which one did the voice of Madagascar's Melman? I like him in that; otherwise the rest can spin a cocoon for all I care. HATED that show enough that I can't not say so now. :)

3. XtreO

XtreO

Jan 2, 2008
    Norway
    David Schwimmer. He was in Curb for a few episodes as far as I remember, I also think I saw him in Band of Brothers in a small role.

4. I think he mostly does a lot of work behind the camera nowadays, and is pretty successful at it.

5. Yeah, that's the guy. I like him. I guess I wouldn't kick Jennifer Aniston out of the back of the minivan, but if it was her or my wife I'd stick w/the wife- she can cook.

6. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Matthew Perry was good in "The Whole Nine Yards", and decent in his stint on "West Wing". Everything else -- not so much.

7. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    David Schwimmer directed Run Fat Boy Run a couple of years ago, which starred Simon Pegg.

Matthew Perry has been in a series called Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, but it was cancelled after one season. Never saw it though.

I've recently seen Courtney Cox in adverts for something called Cougar Town.

8. banditcosmo

banditcosmo Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    I'm really getting into Cougar Town with Courteney Cox. Pretty good show.

9. According to IMDB since "Friends"

David Schwimmer

Merry Madagascar (2009) (TV) (voice) .... Melman
    Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa (2008) (voice) .... Melman
    Nothing But the Truth (2008) .... Ray Armstrong
    "30 Rock" .... Greenzo / ... (1 episode, 2007)
    Big Nothing (2006) .... Charlie
    Madagascar (2005) (voice) .... Melman
    Duane Hopwood (2005) .... Duane Hopwood

Mathew Perry

Down and Dirty Pictures (2010) (filming)
    17 Again (2009) .... Mike O'Donnell (Adult)
    The End of Steve (2008) (TV) .... Steve Legend
    Birds of America (2008) .... Morrie
    "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" .... Matt Albie (22 episodes, 2006-2007)
    Numb (2007/I) .... Hudson
    The Ron Clark Story (2006) (TV) .... Ron Clark
    Friday Night Lights Lost Scene (2005) (TV) .... Football Player
    Hoosiers II: Senior Year (2005) .... Coach Norman Dale Jr.
    "Scrubs" .... Murray Marks (1 episode, 2004)

Lisa Kudrow

Easy A (2010) (post-production) .... Mrs. Griffith
    "Cougar Town" .... Dr. Amy Evans (1 episode, 2010)
    Love and Other Impossible Pursuits (2009) .... Carolyne
    Bandslam (2009) .... Karen Burton
    "Web Therapy" .... Fiona Wallice (30 episodes, 2008-2009)
    Paper Man (2009) .... Claire Dunn
    Hotel for Dogs (2009) .... Lois Scudder
    Powder Blue (2009) .... Sally
    P.S. I Love You (2007) .... Denise
    Kabluey (2007) .... Leslie
    "American Dad!" .... The Ghost of Christmas Past (1 episode, 2006)
    "Hopeless Pictures" .... Sandy (2 episodes, 2005)
    "The Comeback" .... Valerie Cherish (13 episodes, 2005)
    - Valerie Does Another Classic Leno (2005) TV episode .... Valerie Cherish
    "Father of the Pride" .... Foo-Lin (2 episodes, 2004-2005)
    - The Siegfried and Roy Fantasy Experience Movie (2005) TV episode (voice) .... Foo-Lin
    - What's Black and White and Depressed All Over? (2004) TV episode (voice) .... Foo-Lin
    Happy Endings (2005) .... Mamie

And then most people know what the other two went on to do.

10. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Courtney is not ageing well imo, too skinny.

11. Hoover

Hoover Banned

Nov 2, 2007
    New York City

Matthew Perry was pharkin' awesome in "Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip". Between that and "The Whole Nine Yards" I'd even go so far as to say he's the actor with the best range out of the entire Friends cast.

12. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
    Yeah I know about Cougar Town..I'm a bit surprised they're not a bit more in the spotlight I guess but this all makes sense.

13. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Marcel has been quite well for himself.

14. rr5025

rr5025

Nov 12, 2008
    Alright, story time!

My roommate (Tom and I) would always watch Friends when it was on TBS and our other two roommates absolutely despised it. Naturally we felt inclined to piss them off and would annoyingly shout "Friends is on!" whenever it came on.

One night Tom and I went to a party and saw the girl had all of the Friends dvds. Out of habit we yelled "Friends is on!" and some guy started talking to us about Friends.

Apparently he was a huge fan when it was on and decided to write a letter to all of the actors. Only two didn't respond to him, Matthew Perry and Lisa Kudrow. I was always shocked by that, you'd think Jen or Courtney would be the dbags of the cast.