Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what happened to walter and nick?

Discussion in 'Ask Michael Dimin' started by narud, Apr 8, 2002.

1. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    one day i check your site and and its a walter woods head and an epifani 112. now its swr. que paso? new endorsement or just general tone taste change?

2. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    Thanks for noticing. Thanks for visiting the web site.

I do have a new endorsement with SWR and quite thrilled about it. I will be doing clinics for them in the near future. I recently played a gig with an SWR SM-500 and Goliath Junior III (2 x 10) - WOW amazing sound. This is to take nothing away from Walter or Nick but the SWR gear sounds wonderful AND my relationship with them fits into my career goals better. I'll be doing clinics, masterclasses and the like for dealers around the northeast. Much like I'll be doing for MTD basses. Walter and Nick don't have the dealer base to support such an endeavor.

I still have the WW and Epifani (for how long, though, I don't know) and still love the sound. TB'ers will get first chance if I decide to sell either or both.

Mike

3. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    that sounds like a great opportunity and id probably do the same thing i were to ever have the oppurtunity. good luck on the future clinics and i might be eyeing that 112 cab:D

4. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Mike, please put me first on the list for the WW if you decide that it needs a new home. I would just love to try that amp with my 2X bass.:D

5. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    I'll keep it in mind

Mike

6. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Super! Thanks Mike.

7. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    I've been thinking about selling the Walter Woods, but I was also thinking I might want to entertain the idea of a cool trade.

The Wlater Woods is a MI-200-8

Two Channels rated at 225 watts per channel into 8 ohms. Will go down to 4 ohms per channel or min. impedance, bridged is 8 ohms. I've played it throught 2 Epifani 1x12's - what a killer sound

Here is a pic

[​IMG]

Any offers?

Mike

8. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    :eek: drools

I wish i had something worth trading. :D

Good luck trading it, mike.