Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What happened to your website?

Discussion in 'Ask Michael Dimin' started by bassmonkeee, Apr 15, 2002.

1. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I just went to www.michaeldimin.com to buy some earplugs for my guitar player (if he won't buy them himself, he's getting them for his birthday!), and I got some wacky Greater Outdoors Mountain Bike site.

Color me confused....

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

Well, I was using the link in Michael Dimin's profile, so there is still something screwy goin' on.

But, thanks for the link. I can, at least, order the earplugs.

3. yeah, tis a bit screwy......anyway...no probs.

And i shall soon have my own picture under my name....SIMPLY MY FIRST STEP TO WORLD DOMINATION.....HAHAHAHAHAH
    <cough>
    sorry

*Si*

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    It's because either the server admin doesn't know what he's doing or the webmaster ignored the server admins rules as to the naming of the start page.

most web servers look to default.htm default.html index.htm and index.html as the "default" page if none is specified... the order it looks varies per OS/webserver software installed

James

5. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author &quot;The Art of Solo Bass&quot;
    SORRY!!!!!

I was working on a site for a friend and accidently put his index file in my folder as opposed to his - please forgive.

www.michaeldimin.com is up and working

Mike

6. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author &quot;The Art of Solo Bass&quot;
    Not only is my site back to normal, but I even got the guestbook working (finally)

Mike