What happened????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nuttboy311, Dec 31, 2002.

1. I hope that this has not already been covered, but what happened to the prices at Avatar???? The 410 cab is now near the price of a GK cab or a similar one. I was saving up to get the 410 when it was around $245 or so and now that its been raised, I cant afford to buy it along with a head. Oh well, I guess thats just how the cookie crumbles, atleast I have all this money that I saved up.
  2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Just keep saving up!

3. Does anyone know why the price was raise so much?
  4. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Why don't you email the guy at Avatar? I mean I'm sure we all can guess why the prices were raised after being so low but I think you'd be best served going to the source.

brad cook
  5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    It's been covered somewhat here, but one of the price increases is probably due to the fact that the 4x10 is now front-ported, which is an option that most people prefer. I got my front-ported one before the new price increase, so I guess I lucked out. Also, he couldn't keep his prices that low forever; even at the new price, it's a great cab and well worth the money.
  6. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    it IS because of the new front-ported design. same will go for the 115 in the spring... well worth it if you ask me! ;)