What happens when I touch powertools

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by markowens1234, Aug 26, 2005.

1. markowens1234

May 2, 2004
    Muahaha, take this you P bass fans!

Little fretless conversion with a little sanding and cutting work.. and check out that totally custom half pickguard thing... Oh yeah. That's balsa wood, baby!

2. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA

*** IS WRONG WITH YOU?! You just raped that bass!!
  3. markowens1234

May 2, 2004
    Hah, I bought it non working, for 15 dollars. It's a squier. It works now though!
  4. Hey! How 'bout putting a round hole right between the pickup and the bridge to give it that "folk guitar" look! :D
    Grab the saw!!! :hyper:
  5. superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    That things ugly as.., well, ugly as ****!!!
    Its looks like some 9th graders first project in woodshop!

Hey Moderater, how about closing this thread due to pure stupidity?
  6. Marshes

Sep 20, 2004
    Hey howabout shutting up. Just because its not a p bass in pefect condition (OMG JAZZ BASS LUV IT!!!111) doesnt mean its not a good bass. You guys all take jass and precision basses too seriously.
  7. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    That is ugly. I'm glad that you only paid $15 dollars for it and got it to work, if your happy that's all that matters. Had that been a more valuable bass you'de be taking a serious TBeating. BTY, dude, is that a "Charley Brown Christmas" quilt?? Pretty sweet if it is!!
  8. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    15 bucks? Didnt work? Now it does? COOL :)
  9. superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    Hey, I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I really thought that maybe it was a JOKE and that it was intended to be that.

Now everyone needs to quit lying and start telling the truth about how ugly it is.

If it makes anyone "feel better" they can tell me how ugly my P-bass is (posted in another thread) and I promise I won't get offended.
  10. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    You have yourself a..err.. one of a kind instrument there... :p

Nice work! Don't listen to everyone else, I think it looks fine. It's now your bass, and it's not like much value was lost.
  11. markowens1234

May 2, 2004
    Hah, I had a great time doing it, it was fun. The bass was a total POS anyways, hah. Apparently some people on these boards don't appreciate creativity and fun, which is kind of what I thought bass was all about, eh?

EDIT: it wasn't intended to be a nice bass, or anything that looked really cool or anything, it was just a kick around, experimental thing.
  12. sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    so, how is that wish bass? Are they better than their reputation?

13. Personally I'd love to have a bass to cut on and try styles out! I envy you the opportunity. ;)

I still want to see the round tone hole! Come on! Give it a shot! You can always fill it with a round, clear petrie dish or something that you can keep a goldfish in! :D

Enjoy the ride! :bassist:
  14. markowens1234

May 2, 2004
    Hah, that actually is a good idea... well maybe not a good idea, but an idea nonetheless. What about cutting out a round hole, and putting plexi glass on each side of it, then putting water and a goldfish in between? Pretty badass, if I do say so myself. Hah.
  15. Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    $15 as a template for your woodworking creativity and going from broke to fixed...I give it the thumbs up. Aesthetics won't please everyone since everyone has different tastes, but you like it and that's ace. Having a beater to experiment and "play doctor" with is cool, especially if you want some practice before maybe building a Warmoth from a kit or something.
  16. Thanks! Always a warm, fuzzy feeling being appreciated! ;)

Take care!
  17. Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    You should've set fire to the $15. That thing's uglier than home made sin!
  18. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    ROFL!!! Awesome, dude! Now you just need to come up with some fancy-shmancy "boutique custom builder" logo for the headstock, and sell it on ebay for $1500 buahaha
  19. I'm not offended, I just said that shouldn't happen to a Wish(I'm not gonna say it already has- that would be inflammatory. We wouldn't want THAT happening here now, would we? ;) ). BTW, did anyone else, after reading the title, expect to see a mauled or severed finger? :eek: