Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What hardshell case should i buy?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 43apples, Jun 1, 2005.

1. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    Hey, i'm not sure if this is the rigth place to post this, if not, feel free to move it! :)

Anyway, i'm going to buy a good quality hardshell case for my bass, and i'm looking for reccomendations! I've been looking at a Gator Deluxe case at a norwegian webshop (which is the only place i have for buying gear), and also a TKL.

So, your opinions please!

Thanks,
    -Erlend

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Don't know if you can get them there ,but I've bought several Hiscox cases.

www.hiscoxcases.com

It's about all I'd recommened for bass. One of my bases was saved by ione during a car crash -car and case expired, bass and myself survived!

3. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I'm kind of traditionalist. I love the G&G tweed cases....kind of a vintage look.

4. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Hiscox cases are superb - better than SKB in my opinion. I'd jump up and down on my Hiscox case, not so the SKB. You should be able to find a dealer online for Hiscox I'm sure.

EDIT They do have dealers in Norway detailed on their site - click here

Their standard EBS case fits P and J type basses. Rob Green at Status sends his instruments out in Hiscox cases - 'nuff said.