What has been the best day of your life thus far

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, May 27, 2004.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

If you can please share with us all the best day of your life, i think i need a littel further review of my own life as to what to decided but when i figure it out i will post. Lets here your storys :)
  2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    At the beginning of the school year, before classes started.

On that day I got, through mailorder:

2 Rudiments reissues and the Peacocks' cd through Asian Man.

I listened to them and was ecstatic. Then, I went and lay in the sun on the quad and read some. Ate dinner at the local sushi bar, yummy. Went out to some parties at senior housing with my friends and this girl I was "a-courting". Had a fun time, then came back to the dorm with said girl. Then it started to downpour, we changed into our bathingsuits and borrowed my neighbors' boogie board (not sure if that's what it's called, its one of those surf boards that looked like it got caught in a compactor and lost its fins) and went boogieboarding on the marshy ground outside. Then we came in, had a warm shower (in separate stalls...pervs:rollno: ), watched "Boondock Saints" and snuggled. She spent the night.

No cares, no worries and love, don't know if I could call any particular day my "Best" but that was the best in recent memory.
  3. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I had an epifany in my dorm room back in september.

I'm not really sure why, jsut one day i was hanging out playing computer games, and the sun was shining, and i was just happy.

that was probably one of the most contented days ive ever had. i love it when you get true distilled uncluttered emotions like that. You just feel immortal. I love those days.
  4. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I think best moments would be easier. One of the best moment of my life, and i mean this in all sincerity, was walking into my front room at home, after not seeing my grandad for 2 months and seeing him so pleased to see me and the mutual respect we had for each other.

I remember going out to the pub with my mates, and his last words to me on that day were "Don't get drunk, Joe. And dont let the girls mess with your hair"

What makes this memory more special for me is that he died 6 days later, and although i was always sure of his love, i only really had it openly shown to me that day.
  5. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    although my wedding day was awesome...I think the birth of my daughter (now 6) was the best day of my life---because it was a "gift" that my wife and I had been given together. And I've had a lot of "best" days ever since then... :)
  6. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    The day I was born. Without that, the other crap wouldn't have happened. ;)
  7. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Today is the best day of my life.

Once tomorrow comes around, that will be the best day of my life.
  8. cabooke

Jan 26, 2002
    Orange County, CA
    I don't know if this is the Very best day but it is close. I'm going to be an Uncle :hyper:

Poor kid
  9. Thats touching
  10. Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Nothing has stood out...I've had some super bad moments, but no super-great ones...

Any moderately good one seems overshadowed by the bad...

That sounds really negative and depressing, making it seems like my life sucks...but it doesn't really.
  11. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    i don't know, i tend to live life one day at a time.
  12. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    The day I got my @$$ spanked when I was born.
  13. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    It's hard to decide between the day I made assistant DA in San Francisco, or the birth of my first grandchild.
  14. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  15. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    15 April 1932 - the day I finally got my time machine to work :ninja:

(I agree with Benajamin Strange)
  16. The day our son was born - that was it. :)
  17. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I dunno, I had some pretty good days in September. I was alone in the appartment for several weeks (my roomate had to finish out his two weeks). The place was pretty much empty; calling it spartan would have been generous, and I didn't have anything to do. I spent the couple weeks reading, writing, playing bass, and sleeping.

What makes this great? My internal clock is incredibly flexible, and tends to flex on it's own. With not real sleep pattern to speak of, I was able to drift about the days without schedule, or interruption.

I like living alone, actually.
  18. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i know it sounds cliche, but it's true, the day i was married. so many wonderful little things happened that day that will make it memmorable for the rest of my life. :hyper:
  19. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I'll second that one.

The day I got married that is, not JT ;) (although I'm sure it was lovely!)
  20. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    i don't think it's happened yet.