What has been the Worst day of your life thus far

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jun 1, 2004.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I will balance out the Best and Worst in seperate threads. For me this is a very easy question, the day my Mother died at 34 years young from breast cancer. I was 5 years of age when she died with two sisters at ages 4 and 1 and a half.This happend along time ago but it is still fresh in my mind like yesterday. That pretty much was the beginning of the end to my Family life and lead to an upbringing i would never wish on anyone . Please share what you feel comfortable with.
  2. That's a really bad day. I know you're not fishing for sympathy, but that's a bad day and sorry you had to go through that.

What's really cool about a "Worst Day" thread is recalling things that you thought might have been unbearable, but you got through it anyway.

The most scared I ever was, there I was, no shiz... (every war story has to start like that) Round about 14-15 years ago or so I was in the Army in another country, and there was going to be a "I hate the US" Parade going right past the school where American kids were going to school K-12. The "real world" mission was to protect the American kids at the school. They lined us up on the street, one of us about every 50 meters or so. There may have been a hundred of us, but there were THOUSANDS of them. I remember having like 3 or 5 rounds of ammunition in a magazine in our ammo pouches, and our bayonets in scabbards and the nationals were armed with RPGs, and AKs with magazines in the magazine wells, bayonets fixed. That day I was literally covered in spit. Literally. I think I pissed my pants. I have never been so scared in all my life. I've seen things that still give me nightmares, but this was easily the most terrifying day of my life- I was absolutely positive I was dead. I completely blocked the whole thing out until just a few years ago- I saw a documentary on it and it all came back. I can laugh now, but that was a bad day.
  3. ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    I'd have to say it was the day that my mother died also. August 1st 2000. Sad that my children will never know what a wonderful person their grandmother was.
  4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    The day my mother died, 10/10/87 - her 52nd birthday.
    I was 16 years old at the time and it's fair to say it messed me up in many ways for 8-9 years with guilt issues etc.

I wasn't the best behaved teenager, I know not many are but I wasn't very good at all. I knew every time I did something else it was such a disappointment to her, and it saddens me to this day to know she never saw me 'screw the nut' as we say and sort myself out.
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I guess this is going to sound stupid....but the day I had to put my dog to sleep. I had him for almost 14 years. From the day he was a puppy. I can still see him staring at me as I walked out of the vets office.

I'm almost afraid to jinx myself and say that no one I am close to in my family has died. Two of my grandparents have died. But they were so far gone from Alzheimers that most of us were thankful that their suffering was over.

6. Although it turned out to benefit me in every way possible, my worst day was the day I got kicked out of college for pulling a prank :p (conservative christian college, very strict)... had to pack everything i owned into my 89 camry within 24 hours! Not to mention going home to my parents :meh: :rollno:

Granted it's not a death or anything more serious, but it was one crappy day :(
  7. Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    What kind of a prank?
  8. Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    The day eh...

Too personal. Suffice to say, it involved family and was a very crappy day indeed.
  9. y'all are making me feel pretty fortunate. sorry for the hardships.
  10. Emerald_gasH

Sep 17, 2000
    not too long ago actually...my two friends died in january...worst two weeks of my life so far actually...seeing them etc..because i never really knew my grandparents that died, but i knew these two...
    and the next week i got robbed, not fun but scared the **** out of me when i came home (my upstairs neighbor and i were the only ones to come home)...but made me realize how little material things really mean...

*sigh*...we have a memorial for them day after tomorrow...
  11. february 2003, when I was in the hosptial after kidney surgery. Hadn't eaten in days, constantly puking, had a catheter in me...horrible stuff.
  12. Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    The day my grandma died was really crappy. She has been diagnosed with cancer for the 5th time, and just had surgery to remove it. My mom and I went to see her in the hospital on December 26, 2003 just to see how she was. I talked to her very little, and she barely even acnowleged the fact I was there. I couldn't wait to go to the mall after we left so I could buy some super-cheap boxing day stuff. I hugged her, whatever, said goodbye and got the hell outta there and off to the mall.

She died the next day and I've kinda always felt like a dick because I was in such a rush to get out of there...I remeber one of the last things I heard her say...she was screaming at the nurse, "I'M GOING TO DIE IN THIS CHAIR IF YOU DON'T MOVE ME!" That didn't exactly make my visit easy...but I shoulda stayed longer and talked more...done something different...

Not one of the better memories of her...
  13. i cant pick one day, because they kept runningover into each other i was addicted to heroine for over ten yrs lived homeless on the streets of new york city, did time in every jail in the metro area and long island and new york, i would have to say one of my worst days was when i stooped as low to steal my neighbors car,aand thought i did no wrong ,or the day my girlfriend had an abortion that was a bad day, i ended up dead from an overdose that day, was in a coma for three days,and got out and did the same crap all over again,or the day my best friend died in the car next to me in the passenger seat and the only thing i thought of was where is his drugs,took all his stuff out of his pockets and took him to a hospital where they revived him after i dropped him on his head three times ,.or when i was 16 facing 7 yrs in prison for hitting some kid in the head with a golf club,thAT WAS A BAD TWO YEARS,THESE ARE ONLY A FEW OF MY BAD DAYS,L i went throught this crap from the age of 9 till 24, i was an alcoholic at age 9, doing robberies by age 11, i know you must think im some kinda crazy person,i have turned it around ,today my worst day could not even compare to my past, i own my own home have a great family and a son who is a navy seal, there is nothing that can shake me today i promise, i been there and done all that
  14. one of my worst days ever was on picture day, some year

i fell asleep studying for a test with one of those pore strip thingys on my nose caus i wanted to look all pretty for picture day, i find out its already like, 8 am which is when advisory starts, my sister took my makeup caus she spilled/wrecked all of hers, i cant find anything clean caus its the day before laundry, i try and brush my hair but it only gets frizzy, and the strap to my only clean bra breaks,.

so in my picture my nose is all red, my hair is still frizzy but its all wet from water so it looks dirty, and i flat out look ugly.

i know its not as bad as a loved one dying but it was humiliating. at least i can laugh about it now...sorta
  15. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
  16. whoa after reading alot of this i have to say i am really luckly.

but i'd say the worst was one day back when i first started drinking, it was a really cold night and there was alot of snow. i was depressed at the time and the alcohol was just makeing me feel worst. so i left to go for a walk, in a t-shrit and a pair of regular running shoes. it was - 22 that night i made it to the woods at the back of my firends property, eventually i got back to my firends house and collasped in his basement near a heater, they found me around 3am passed out and still shakeing.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

18. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    The day I had to tell my wife she had breast cancer. In fact 2003 was a pretty bad year, lost both of my grandfathers, my mother had lung cancer, my son had an appendectomy, I broke my collar bone. The list goes on. Needless to say whatever faith I had left.....LEFT.

19. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
  20. I plead the 5th, but if they knew what I got away with there, I'd have been kicked out muuuuch sooner! :hyper: