Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What has happened to Fender....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DarkMazda, Jan 16, 2003.

1. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Seriously!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

It looks like those are the new basses for "NAMM" under "Limited Editions".. but I mean cmon... seriously!

DM

I think it looks fugly for a "Limitd Edition" bass.. what do you guys think?

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I would love to own one,

But then again its really bassed their history that I say that.

The "Pink Paisley" and "Flower Power Blue" instruments were only offered for a limited time durring the hippe movement. I think when you look at them considering that, they look much cooler.

Of course, they look ten times better when they are faded and beaten up, but thats another story.

You can see one in the STP video for "Big Bang Baby"

Peace
    Nick

3. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
  4. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    maybe im just the only one that thinks this way? :confused: :confused: :confused:

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Oh, and dont forget the PU and bridge covers!

Peace
    Nick

6. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    would it be a standard pickup cover? or is that all flowerly as well?

DM

7. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    [​IMG]

What about these? I dunno about these.. but they kinda look cool.. maybe with some light on it? Why not just put black strings on them. This would be the so called "EVIL JAZZ BASS". Someone on TB (I forgot who) said they have an Evil P Bass, which is all black.. what would this one go as?

DM

8. The last couple times I've been in music stores I've noticed instruments with the flowers on them, as well as other paintings. I don't really think they fit the bass (despite the cool history) but they looked alright on telecaster guitars.

I also saw some George Martin acoustics going for over $1000 with landscapes and other stuff painted on them, not sure who would want one of those?!

9. mrbungle

mrbungle

Nov 13, 2000
    tampere, finland
    Oh my god!!! They are the best looking instruments I've ever seen! I'd love to have one and probably will buy one if they'll ever appear on this side of the atlantic ocean.

10. mrbungle

mrbungle

Nov 13, 2000
    tampere, finland
    Hey c'mon! You gotta have some rock'nroll in you... I almost bought a paisley Tele a while ago even though it's a guitar...

11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Standard 51 P bass cover.

The photos dont show the clear pickgaurd well. It looks cooler when you see it.

Peace
    Nick

12. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    would be great.. im in a little dark-emo-nu-metal ish band (if you guys listened to us).. we dress alot in black.. and u will see bouncing aroundw ith a pink flowery bass!! w00t how cool would that be? lol

DM

13. mrbungle

mrbungle

Nov 13, 2000
    tampere, finland
    Well ... If the bassist 'diarrheaface' of major-label-driven mtv broadcasted band 'new schitt' played one it would be the next big mojo in stage appearance, and cool as hell :)

14. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    I like this one:

[​IMG]

15. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    oh god.. I just want to see that just for the hell of it.. even though I don't watch MTV :p

16. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    That looks kinda cool.. having a Vintage-ish color to them

[​IMG] Even though im liking this one better ;)

DM

17. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I have to say that these are the ugliest things I've ever seem. IMO it was a mistake to make em in the 70, re issuse them in the 90's & a sin to do it agasin. But that's just me.

18. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    we use to have one of those where I work. They actually sold REALLY fast!

19. JMHO, looks like someone ate fruit salad and booted.