what has the world come to...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by alecmcmahon, Jan 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ...how come say, Mike Mills of REM never had a signature P marketed???
  2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    this topic has been covered before, make a search
  3. How could you just notice that!!!!!!!! It's been out for a while and alot of people have been talking about it!
  4. I think i saw a special on the ever popular "M T V" about some bink 18-2 paint-huffing freak sneaking on top of building taking mass dodo on onlookers below him. I have to "HOPPUS" my rear into gear now, Ha ha ha. Peace @:mad: :mad: :eek:
  5. Can't wait to try the pink coloered ones, just kidding, :oops:
  6. BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    pink would be awesome
  7. wait is this bass considered a p-bass or a j-bass? HAHAHA that bass is a joke. My jazz bass i recently purchased is better
  8. BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Because hes not famous....

Mark Hoppus is....

Fender will sell a crapload of those....

Fender sells guitars/basses to make money. That's pretty much it.
  9. uh... REM not famous??????? Not so now but back in the early nineties...
  10. Joshua Pickenpaugh

Joshua Pickenpaugh Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2001
    The Midwest of USA
    <i>from Musicians' Friend ad at bottom of the page</i>

<b>Quit screwin' around, dammit. Grow up and get the bass you need to JAM. Put it in the cart without further ado!</b>

11. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    If there's a market for something, someone is going to try to sell it, no matter how trendy or "frivolous" it seems. I'm sure there will be a line of Sum-41 being made and sold someday, for the same reason that there's already a Mark Hoppus bass, a Tom Delonge guitar, a Jerry Horton guitar, a Tom Araya bass, etc.

"A fool and his money are soon parted."
  12. masaru

Aug 8, 2001
    Okinawa, Japan
    There's a Tom Araya bass? Info, please!
  13. EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Sum-41 will never be as popular as Blink-182. Their record sales have been good, but not mind-blowing.
  14. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i hate to burst everyone's bubble, but you would be surprised at how well the hoppus sig plays-you just have to be able to see past the pink and the blue :eek:
  15. Yeah, I just got the new musician's friend today, and it has it's own inset. People are right when they say it'll probably sell a lot. I've not tried it yet, so I'm not going to judge how it sounds until I actually play one
  16. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    i think its a really good bass.I certainly dont think mark hoppus deserves one,but thats a whole different story.Try it out,it sounds good and feels good.
  17. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I'm not a Blink 182 fan by any means, but Blink 182's song Carousel actually has a fairly good bass line (for them, at least). It's just all the worse when someone shows they can play better than they do, but yet they hold back, just out of laziness.

Another thing, I've heard from quite a few people that this is a good bass, so I wouldn't bash it just because of who plays it.
  18. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    duplicate thread. do a search.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.