1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What have i done?....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jon223, Nov 2, 2003.

1. OK OK. Here i am... went to GC today, saw an epiphone jazz bass copy, played it, fell in love, sounded just like a 62 j. Seriously. Looked at the price tag, 125. Put it on layaway.
    prob is, I dont know what it is. Heheh, crap, i dont know what bass i just got.
    Does anyone know what these are, first one ive seen, and i cant get any info on the web.
    Its an epiphone, white, looks a whole lot like a jazz, only the headstock is sort of like a jackson. Aye aye aye. What have i done?
    Help.
    oh yeah, it has a string thru bridge.
    I dont really care whether its "bad" or anything, cuz i know its awesome.
    thanks a billion
    later

2. Congradulations on the purchase:)

have you tried contactin' epiphone?

EDIT: Typo(thanks Stevie)

3. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    you have an Epiphone Jazz Bass Copy. what's the problem/question?

oh, congratulations on your new bass~ (well, when you get it)

4. Exactly!

[​IMG]
    Treena

5. I dunno, i thought there was a model name or something. So, if its just jazz copy. Thats easy.
    :)
    Thanks alot guys. I appreciate it.

6. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    i'll bet you get a lot more replies/help if you post pics~ ;)
    that's always very popular here...

7. misterk73

misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    My first bass was an Epiphone Powerbass. It had a jazz-style body with jazz-style pups, and a Jackson-like headstock -- rounded at the end, not pointy -- with minituners.

Thinking back on it, it was a pretty good little bass for a starter instrument. (If I'd known what a setup was at the time, it could have been even better.)

I ruined pretty much ruined the neck after ripping the frets out during some boredom-induced defretting, though, so she just sits in storage now for sentimental reasons...

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I saw something like that on ebay a while back. They didnt specify an exact model.

9. its still in layaway... but as soon as i get it ill post pics... if i can find out how.
    thanks

10. I saw one on ebay last night. Not sure if it's the same thing- the headstock is pointy like alot of '80s basses, but the rest is basically a jazz copy. I didn't save the auction to my watch list, but a search of epiphone should turn it up. The person selling it seemed(typed?) friendly, so he/she may give you some info if you ask.

Bob

Edit: You might check out www.bgra.net www.harmonycentral.com or www.activebass.com and look over their reviews. I was interested in one on ebay awhile back and found some info on epi's jazz copy at one of those sites.

11. wooohooo thanks alot. i found the one you were talking about. EXACTLY like the one i put on layaway.
    Thanks again, the guy says its a rock bass. good enough for me.. hehe. Just so long as i know SOMEONE has one. I thought i was going crazy for a while.
    Anyway thanks again.
    Just gotta scrounge up 95 bucks b4 a month goes by.
    GOnna be hard as im a teenager who's "between jobs" right now. HEHE. Parents stopped supporting me this summer.

(donations accepted)LOL ;)