What have i done?....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jon223, Nov 2, 2003.

1. OK OK. Here i am... went to GC today, saw an epiphone jazz bass copy, played it, fell in love, sounded just like a 62 j. Seriously. Looked at the price tag, 125. Put it on layaway.
    prob is, I dont know what it is. Heheh, crap, i dont know what bass i just got.
    Does anyone know what these are, first one ive seen, and i cant get any info on the web.
    Its an epiphone, white, looks a whole lot like a jazz, only the headstock is sort of like a jackson. Aye aye aye. What have i done?
    oh yeah, it has a string thru bridge.
    I dont really care whether its "bad" or anything, cuz i know its awesome.
    thanks a billion
  2. Congradulations on the purchase:)

have you tried contactin' epiphone?

EDIT: Typo(thanks Stevie)
  3. superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    you have an Epiphone Jazz Bass Copy. what's the problem/question?

oh, congratulations on your new bass~ (well, when you get it)
  4. Exactly!

5. I dunno, i thought there was a model name or something. So, if its just jazz copy. Thats easy.
    Thanks alot guys. I appreciate it.
  6. superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    i'll bet you get a lot more replies/help if you post pics~ ;)
    that's always very popular here...
  7. misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    My first bass was an Epiphone Powerbass. It had a jazz-style body with jazz-style pups, and a Jackson-like headstock -- rounded at the end, not pointy -- with minituners.

Thinking back on it, it was a pretty good little bass for a starter instrument. (If I'd known what a setup was at the time, it could have been even better.)

I ruined pretty much ruined the neck after ripping the frets out during some boredom-induced defretting, though, so she just sits in storage now for sentimental reasons...
  8. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I saw something like that on ebay a while back. They didnt specify an exact model.
  9. its still in layaway... but as soon as i get it ill post pics... if i can find out how.
  10. I saw one on ebay last night. Not sure if it's the same thing- the headstock is pointy like alot of '80s basses, but the rest is basically a jazz copy. I didn't save the auction to my watch list, but a search of epiphone should turn it up. The person selling it seemed(typed?) friendly, so he/she may give you some info if you ask.

Edit: You might check out www.bgra.net www.harmonycentral.com or www.activebass.com and look over their reviews. I was interested in one on ebay awhile back and found some info on epi's jazz copy at one of those sites.
  11. wooohooo thanks alot. i found the one you were talking about. EXACTLY like the one i put on layaway.
    Thanks again, the guy says its a rock bass. good enough for me.. hehe. Just so long as i know SOMEONE has one. I thought i was going crazy for a while.
    Anyway thanks again.
    Just gotta scrounge up 95 bucks b4 a month goes by.
    GOnna be hard as im a teenager who's "between jobs" right now. HEHE. Parents stopped supporting me this summer.

(donations accepted)LOL ;)