What have I DONE?!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AndrewShirley, Sep 24, 2005.

1. :)

A finally bit the bullet and bought a new Yorkville XC808 to go with my Yorkville XS400H. This is after a lot of tire-kicking and forum reading. I originally wanted to go with the 410, but I wasn't completely happy with the sound.

I tried an Eden head (sorry, don't know which one) and an Eden D210XLT, which sounded absolutely gorgeous to me. But when I attached a Yorkville XS400H to it, all the goodness went away. Frusterated, I put everything back the way I found it - and played a little more through the XC808. Well, all the goodness came back! I was impressed with how much bottom end this thing had. The Slap tone is WAY better then the Eden 210 and it generally sounded much better then playing that amp through the Eden 210. I still think the Eden Amp/Cab sounded better, much rounder, but I'm fairly certain that it had nothing to do with the cab. Alas, I cannot affored a $1800 CAD amp. :(

Anyway, in a couple of weeks perhaps I'll post a review of the Yorkie XS400H/XC808 combination.

- Andrew