Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What head and cab is this???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by morty25, Oct 28, 2002.

1. hey,
    could anyone tell me what head and cab this is??? ( not the marshall but other one to the left) thanks morty

[​IMG]

heres a closer pic of the head

[​IMG]

2. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    The head looks like an old Ampeg.

3. the cab looks ampeg to but i dont know which model

4. The head's looks like an early 80's SVT, the ones that were made in Japan (MTI, I believe, but my memory isn't clear), I think. It's possible it is a Skunkworks model, but not likely. The cab's a newer Ampeg SVT-810e. The sealed one.

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Yeah, Ampeg all the way.

Most probably the 810 cab, and the head is probably what he said, but im not really positive.

Peace
    Nick

6. I agree that it's an early 80s MTI made SVT. Look closely at where there used to be an Ampeg logo on the head (or maybe it's still there; hard to say which). It's on the right-hand side (under the power switch) which is "uniquely" MTI. Also notice the 'squared-off' casing (at the upper, front of the head). All the others from the original '69 to the SLM "Classics" are slanted at the controls. The "Skunkworks" adhered more to the early genuine SVTs making this one not a Skunkworks (or SVT-HD).

7. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    did any of the v-4b heads have the 3 white sideways toggle switches along with the 2 sideways white toggle switches (above the eq - those switches)? those are the only ampeg heads (v-4b) i have seen with the square enclosure but slanted in faceplate/controls.. but i have only seen them with 3 toggle switches, not 5 (1 group of 3 rather than 1 group of 3 + 1 group of 2).

what band is that anyways?

thanks.

8. Isnt that the dude from Sum 41? if it is then im kinda ashamed for knowing... if it isn't then he should darn looks like him