Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what head and speakers?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tauchen67, Apr 18, 2004.

1. tauchen67

tauchen67

Apr 17, 2004
    i wanna build an amp. i was thinking a pair of 10s or 12s ported. i wanna keep the totall cost for the head and speakers to $300 if possible what would you guys recomend?and where can i get them? i play rock so i want sharp, but with a little boom to them. thanks
    josh

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    A 210 or 212 cabinet, with an amp for $300? I doubt it.

-Mike

3. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    "i wanna keep the totall cost for the head and speakers to $300 if possible"

You're dreaming. There's no such animal, at least nothing that'll work in a live gig situation.

You might check around at garage sales and on eBay, if you get really lucky you might find something in that price range.

The only other thing I can suggest would be military surplus stores and the like, but these days people have caught on to the surplus thing and they're likely to be just as expensive as original parts (well, almost).

How about a Pignose B100V? I've seen them on eBay for pretty cheap, they don't have enough watts to use in a live rock band, but they're good for practice and quiet coffee house type gigs.

4. tauchen67

tauchen67

Apr 17, 2004
    forget the cost. what would you guys recomend for a descend pair of speakers and a head to match? where can i get them

5. tauchen67

tauchen67

Apr 17, 2004
    what would you guys recomend for an amp with a single speaker and a head that could be used for a practice amp. i will build the cab sealed. let me know i dont have a whole lot of money but i can get some. sugesstions and where to get them.
    thanks
    josh