What head woud go great w/my 410xlt and be able to biamp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by poundround, Mar 25, 2005.

1. poundround

Mar 8, 2005
    Lynchburg VA
    I just got a new Eden 410XLT but my HA7000 cant push it enough. I need a head atleast 700watts and if it it could biamp thats a plus. If not I could keep the Hartke so its ok. I have my eye on a SWR 750x but I have littl experience w/SWR. Anyone have any suggestions. :bassist:
  2. What are you gonna use a bi amp for with a 4 x 10? unless you had it wired in parallel......i just think you would need at least a 4 x 10 on each side of a biamp
  3. Remember the 7000 only puts out 350 watts per channel if its into a 4 ohm load, and probably only 250 watts per channel into 8 ohms.

Like jaguar said, it sounds like you need another cab. But there is another option: if the drivers in the 4x10 are 8 ohms each, you could rewire the cab to have two pair of drivers, with a separate jack for each pair...then you'd have a 4 ohm load total for each pair, which is ideal for the Hartke. The solution is to a) have both channels of the Hartke driven, and b) make sure each channel has a 4 ohm load.

The result would be the full 700 watt output from your amp and a lot more oomph!!!
  4. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Eden cabs sound great with Eden heads! If the cab is 8 ohm try a WT-800 bridged, if its 4 ohm you could probably get away with a WT-550.

If you want room to grow and drive another cab someday then check out the new Eden 1205 ... that thing looks great to me.
  5. I have a WT-800 in perfect condition that I'm selling. It's listed in the for sale forum.
  6. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Oh yea ... biamping? In my opinion its a waste of power, money, and time. 2 full range cabinets always sound better to me and much louder than the same setup run with a crossover.