1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what heads have a useable parametric eq section built in?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ihateusernames, Jul 19, 2007.

1. ihateusernames

ihateusernames

Jun 26, 2006
    I see Peavey and Carvin each have current models - the Pro Bass series and the BXR Carvins. What else is out there?

2. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    AMP and Thunderfunk products. Sound phenominal too!

3. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    eden wt550, wt800 and thunderfunk 420 and 550. that I know of...

they are SEMI-parametric meaning you can vary the frequency and +/- , but not the width of the "Q" or how wide the range of frequencies they affect.

4. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    The high end markbass heads have parametric too

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Few, if any, are fully parametric (frequency, gain, Q), most are semi-parametric. Whatever issues people may have with Eden these days, I believe their semi-parametric EQ is the best in the business. The irony is that the amp sounds fantastic with everything set flat. On Eden EQ, a little dab'll do ya. Everything you want is between 11:00 and 1:00 o'clock.

6. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    Euphonic Audio amps. Huge, versatile EQ sections with just about every variable you could want.

7. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Very true, I think the thread starter was meaning semi-parametric, but I'm only guessing.

8. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    On the smaller side, GK Micro Bass MB150E head has two bands of semi-parametric.

9. The Mesa Walkabout has 3 semi para bands of eq on it.

10. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    +1. The Eden EQ is very useful. My only gripe is that the settings are WAY to sensitive, plus/minus 15 db I think. 10 or 12 db would allow for better fine tuning. Adding a couple of clicks really changes the tone drastically. But it is very useful in certain situations.

The GB Neo-pak has a semi-parametric mid, with shelving bass and treble. It gets the job done beautifully more often than not.

There are lots of heads out there that have good semi-parametric EQ's. The thing you have to be careful of with them is overlapping frequencies. Depending on how they are designed, some down handle it well. The Eden's do handle it well, very well. Just a little too sensitive IMO.

11. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
  12. ihateusernames

ihateusernames

Jun 26, 2006
    yes - i include semi and full parametric in the same for this purpose. good discussion so far, thanks