1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What high end cabinets are closest in sound to the Acoustic Image speakers?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jibreel, May 4, 2010.

1. jibreel

jibreel

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    This is closely related to another thread I have started [ http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=654134 ], but wanted to make sure I did not miss out on the AI speaker people who do not have experience with Berg cabs.

I am also really wanting to just complete my rig so I can get on with life !!!!

I love my Acoustic Image cabs but want more. I may need to stick with 10" speakers.

What high end cabinets are closest in sound to the Acoustic Image speakers?

Thanks much.

2. jibreel

jibreel

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    Bump

3. Pat C.

Pat C. Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Tuscaloosa, AL, USA
    What do you mean by "want more"? More volume, more (different) tone, extended frequency response?

The AI cabs that I've played have been very nice, except that they probably are not as loud as a typical high volume bass cab. And they don't really have a color of their own, so if another brand has the built in tone that you want then maybe a switch is warranted.

A pair of Ten2 cabs properly powered would be loud enough for almost everything except rock, and really light at less than 30lbs per cab.

I've got no experience with other cabs you've mentioned, but if I were in the market (and had the funds) I'd be looking taking a close look at the Berg IP112 plus extension cab. Athough, I'd expect a flat tone out of these not dissimilar from the AI's.

4. jibreel

jibreel

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    Thanks Pat !! I will investigate.....

5. Thumpdog

Thumpdog

May 29, 2008
    Try an Accugroove Tri-112L. I use this with a Clarus R2 and love it.