1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

what high-end jazz neck?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by deerfield, Mar 30, 2013.

1. deerfield

deerfield

Mar 25, 2013
    Italy
    I'm slowly upgrading my parts jazz: emg jx, preamp, badass bridge, alder body made in japan with a nice thin finish. It started like a fair budget project but now it's growing on me.

The neck is still a rockinger one (Eu brand, they assured me they come from the same factory of allparts'ones, just unbranded...) and it also will be changed: I've not bonded with it, and I want something of higher quality.

Alternatives are:

1) an original vintage fender from 60's or 70's... not so easy to come across in EU. Buying one from US will set me back enough (custom duties etc) to buy a complete vintage Jazz... so perhaps it's not a smart option

2) Status Graphite. Tempting, but what about future refretting? I heard phenolic fb is not too forgiving, and many luthiers don't work on these.

3) regular Allparts

4) regular Fender American made. again, not too many avalaible in EU countries.

5) Rebel Relic (highend maker of custom replicas based in Amsterdam, very intersting guitars). They offered to build a vintage replica neck, maple or rwd, bound, blocked etc, nitro finished and reliced at a nice price.

what's your advice?