What house pet do you prefer

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by wakizashi, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Dogs

10 vote(s)
  2. Cats

13 vote(s)
  3. Dogs and cats

13 vote(s)
  4. Hamsters,mice,etc.

2 vote(s)
  5. Birds

4 vote(s)
  6. Reptiles

1 vote(s)
  7. Fish

1 vote(s)
  8. Other

3 vote(s)
  1. wakizashi

Dec 5, 2003
    I'm a dog and cat person myself. They're so friendly (well dogs any way) and fun to hang around with.

So what's your pick.
  2. Dr Teeth

Dr Teeth

Dec 11, 2003
    My hubby and I couldn't decide which dog to get - he grew up with big dogs and I grew up with terriers, so we got a cat! He's our little guy, a gorgeous ginger tabby :) :) :)
  3. I'm a exclusively dog person meself. I just think cats are too sneaky! And damn manipulative too! I've had a few turtles though! They're kind of boring though...
  4. Dogs ,Fish*,Hamsters

*I don't think I'll ever be able to own a fish again due to the movie Finding Nemo.
  5. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Cats, definitely. I have 8.

6. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    I don't like cats - they tend to latch on one family member and treat the rest (myself included) like sh*te.

I have a couple of tarantulas that are nice 'pets'. I wouldn't really call them pets, just more things of interest.

For anyone that's interested, my bro and I have a tarantula website, its egttting pretty big nowadays: www.thehatchery.tk
  7. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I've always been a dog person and I'm deathly allergic to cats. So we have two dogs, an outside dog (a Dalmation)named Polka because she has dots, and a supposed-to-be-an-outside-dog-who-somehow spends nearly as much time in the house as my kids (a Beagle/Sheltie/Corgi/mutt)named Jazzy, just 'cause.

We also had a veiled Chameleon named Karma. Don't blame me for the Culture Club reference, it was my sons idea. But Karma passed away last week.

We used to have a turtle named 'The Lesser A'tuin' for a couple of years, but he died about four years ago.
  8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I love cats, but I am allergic to them. So I prefer birds.
  9. FERRET!!!

i would also like to have a bird (parrot or maccaw) i love em
  10. It's seems that most bassists are cat people.

I think that shows our general calm nature.

Drummers on the other hand...;) (aligators:D)

11. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I have 2 birds, but i plan on getting a dog when i live by myself.
  12. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Nah, now house spiders are a bassists kind of pets: you in general don't notice them much, they won't be humping on your leg at every chance, but when you need them, they'll be at the background somewhere doing their job :cool:

And besides they take care of their own food, eat the bugs for you (well ok some other minor beasts do that too :p ) and are nice and cuddly. And nice to point to your visiting new potential girlfriend, "..and here's Victor, and that in the corner is Mike, you can recognize him from the violin shaped pattern, he's bit grumpy at times so.." :D
  13. :D
  14. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    Cats Ewww!! don't you know they jump on the counter lick the butter then you eat the butter:spit: j/k

I have 1 dog, tons of fish, Birds and my favs my newt and bearded dragon
  15. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I have huge dog and two cats that act like dogs. I have zero desire to take care of anything that needs a cage. I am thinking of getting a saltwater tank though as my kids favorte movie is finding Nemo, but I bet the irony would be lost on them. ;)