1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What HSC Would You Recommend for Alembic?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Illbay, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Illbay

Illbay

Jan 15, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Now that I have the Alembic Epic formerly belonging to TBer "Climb," I am turning my attention to a hardshell case. Oddly, every one of my instruments all of which were less expensive than this one have a HSC, and I don't feel good about dragging this thing around in a gig-bag.

I am unfamiliar with Alembic generally, but I've searched and I fnd their HSCs are considered pretty pricey for what you get. But I'm not familiar with third-party cases, so I'm wondering if anyone who may actually OWN an Alembic, has procured such a case, and if so, please share the details.

Thanks.

2. Illbay

Illbay

Jan 15, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Bump-a-roonie.

3. The cases that Alembic sells with their basses in are basically G&G cases with that are fitted on the inside. But they're really expensive. I use a gig bag, and another Alembic owner I know uses a gig bag as well. Then again neither of us like using hardshell cases. But if you're determined to have a HSC, why not have a custom flight case made, I'm guessing most places will even be cheaper than Alembic.

4. alembicbones

alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Illbay,

When I bought my first Alembic (Essence 5 string) from Bass NW many years ago, it was used and did not have a case. The guys at Bass Northwest were able to get me into a generic case that worked very well. You might consider shooting them a call or email and pick their brain.

Another route you might try would be to go to your local music store that sells cases, bring your Epic with you, and try them out for fit and function.

Best of Luck.
    Bones