Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What Humbuckers would you recomend for this Project?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Oct 7, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I have resumed work on a project i am persuing with Michael Dolan and i would like some input as to which Humbuckers i should consider.The basic design of the bass will be similar to this http://www.talkbass.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15367 . I was considering Darkstars but their HUGE ! so something a littel smaller would be better. Thanks

2. darkstars aren't humbuckers.

I'd recommend Rio Grande double-j style or the pitbulls.

3. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    That looks like Robert DeLeo's bass that he played on STP Unplugged. I assume that wasn't an accident, as you are a STP fan yourself.

I have no experience with Darkstars, but have heard nothing but good news. You might want to change you mind about using them, unless they are just too big. You could get Nordstrand dual coils, or a expensive option, you could get 2 sets of Seymour Duncan Antiquity J's and position them as dual coils. Just throwing out some ideas.

4. MAJOR METAL

Yeah i have the same bass Robert Used for the MTV Unplugged and its a good bass but i have been working on plans to have one built to my specs.Out of all the diffrent body designs for the violin bass this my favorite.

5. MAJOR METAL

Links to Humbuckers would also be appreciated. :)