What I hate about my bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Octave Doctor, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Excuse my irritated tone but I object to spending the best part of a 1000 dollars on a fender which is put in a case so cheap that the carry handle cuts into your hand because the casting ridge hasn’t been taken off.

Ok – I feel better now.
  2. You need to tell us: was this the case that comes standard with the MIA Fender? And isn't filing down the casting ridge an easy fix?

If you had purchased a Steve Harris P Bass, you could have ordered a tweed case. It comes with special Harris tweed,;) and you mightn't be having this problem.;) ;) ;)
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Chill..its just a case.
  4. Yeah, man, just bust out some sandpaper, it won't decrease the value of your bass...the case isn't meant to be mint, it's meant to keep your bass mint.
  5. I refuse to be told to 'chill' by somone with a signature file thay is 27 times longer than his actual post!!!

And you can shut up too me Mr. Goody Good - I will not cary a case that is made out of the same material a math teachers jacket is made from! :spit:

(yeah its a standard MIA)

... I think I'm going to rename this post the 'free therapy post!
  6. Glad we could feel your pain!

Seriously though, what case are you talking about?

I would think after spending that much money that, the case should be up to standard as well!

7. Hi Treena!

Its that bloody hard case that the otherwise lovely MIA fenders come with these days - a faux fir lined matt black affair. There is a big label that proudly says 'Made in China' in it.

Seriously, I'm only having a little fun (I cant be bothered to do the washing up tonight). It does irritate me when a manufacturer cut corners like that. As they say - god is in the detail.
  8. I'm with you all the way on this one.

Fender is really beginning to lose my respect.

I love the vintage Jazz and P basses but my money will only be spent on Sadowsky's from now on!

9. I agree with the last few statements.

And, a case is not just a case.
  10. jdombrow

jdombrow Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Call the boy a Whaaambulance!
  11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Will you be told to chill by someone with a more concise signature? If so, chill. It's just a case.
  12. I recently bought a 6 string Cirrus that came with a very nice case. I would expect nothing less from Fender!!! I won't go into who's better or ... Blah Blah Blah... but we are talking about Fender. If I'm not mistaken they kind of invented the instrument. Hell they are an American institution. Every part of the experience should be quality!!!

MY 2 cents.
    Sorry about the venting.
    I feel better now.
  13. Be happy you got a case WITH the bass. ALL instruments SHOULD come WITH a case.

Then you hear: "we can sell you a case for $BlahBlah...." Quit bollocking around and give me the case!!!!
  14. Good thing I was sitting down when I read this.
    I thought I'd never live to see this day.:) :) :)
  15. Just for the record, the Harris tweed case that comes with the Steve Harris P bass has suede patches on the elbo -- uh, I mean corners.
    ;) :rolleyes: ;)
  16. Well, if you insist!

17. seungkoo

seungkoo Banned

Nov 20, 2003
    i just got my MIA fender jazz deluxe v and iwth it i ordered a vintage tweed case...its sooooo nice got real leather handles and sides and the insides are so beautiful
  18. You know whats funny? I ordered a case from Rondo music for my P-bass, and I believe its made in China, and the handle is nice and smooth. Hmm and to think it only had cost me $50. Hmm...:rolleyes: