what i have and what i want

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by suasa, Aug 30, 2004.

1. okay the white jazz bass is what I want well not quite but its what I am planning to make my p-bass look like well at least as far as finish goes but my p bass will be a fretless. So heres the deal, I have just finished filling the slots with white styrene strips and am going to glue and sand them tonight. I dont want the rosewood look of the neck I want the blackness of the jazz bass neck I also want the white block inlays but I will be coating my neck with polyeurothane if thats how you spell it so it doesnt have to really be inlays mabey stickers of some sort. So anyone have any ideas on how I can make this look good still keep my white fret lines and get the white on black inlays. oh and the neck really does look better than it does in the picture.
  2. JSPguitars

Jan 12, 2004
    Grass Valley
    StewMac sells a black/ebony fingerboard dye made by McFadden's, I believe. Might help achieve that "darker look"
    fill in the fret slots with maple veneer
  3. okay i have some of that fingerboard dye on the way now what to do about the fake inlays? and remember I am coating my fretboard with polyeurothane no bare wood.