What I love about FUZZ / Fuzz-Love-Thread

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Karli, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Karli

Karli

Jul 21, 2017
    Bielefeld, Germany
    What I love about FUZZ

I hope it is ok that I start a thread like this. Cause I know there are a lot of Fuzz-related threads out there. But I just wanned to write a few things about my love regarding the FUZZ, as I just realized while writing something about Tim Bogert, Jack Bruce and those Old-School-Dudes from the 60s/70s.

What I love about the FUZZ is that it is really thick, full, fuzzy and growling at the same time. A lot like Jack Bruce's or Tim Bogert's tone when they played live. What I love about the "old" guy's sound and tone is that they sounded really full and fuzzy - not so much distorted but fuzzy, warm, thick and whoofy/shmoofy ;) - if you know what I am saying. I myself play only Fuzz and almost no distortion. Cause I love the full and warm sound. It almost seems like it got lost along the way; and while the years and decades past by the fuzzy, warm, full 60s/70s bass-sound got lost.

Since I started playing bass I wanned a warm and distorted, yet dark sound. I also love Lemmy but that is a whole different thing just right there ;).

So, there you go ;) ...a love-the-fuzz-tone-thread for you!

Cheers and here's to a fuzzy 2021
    KARLI

Andy V. and Artorious Rex like this.
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021