1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What I miss most about my Avatar..

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by theophilus762, Feb 26, 2008.

1. theophilus762

theophilus762 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Durham, NC
    So my friend uploaded some old pictures onto Facebook, and one in particular had me reminiscing about my Avatar B410 Neo that I got rid of last year after getting my Aguilar S410 (and later, the S210 too.) I lovvved that cabinet, just as much as my Aguilar. Just wanted to go "upscale" a bit.

How many 410's can you do this with? Certainly not my S410.

[​IMG]

Avatar B410 Neo in one hand, G&L L2000 Tribute in HSC in the other, Markbass LMII + cables over the shoulder. :hyper:
    This cab is light light light, and sounds incredible. A few times I have thought about going back to Avatar...

Now I have to use a collapsible hand cart for my gear.

2. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    Yeah, I was pleasntly surprised when I first picked up my 212. I had heard about them being light, but I was so used to my bro's giant guitar rig that I was still expecting it to be quite a pain. Haven't tried picking it up with one hand yet, though. :smug:

3. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    That looks great. :D

4. SwitchGear

SwitchGear Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Joash, how do the two cabs compare in tone?

5. Yup, I am always slinging mine with one hand. I can fit through narrow corridors without killing myself.

I'm about to rig up some aluminum to the back to make mine a tiltback 410:D. I don't think I would try that with a 85lb cab.

6. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    OKJ, you must be a big guy, cause in ratio to body size, that cab looks like my 210. I can carry my 212, but not with other gear too. More power to ya. OOPs! I forgot ,I am almost 49 yrs. old.

7. mlv123

mlv123

Nov 1, 2007
    Hampstead, MD
    For the record, I am the proud owner of Joash's old B410 neo...and I absolutely love it. Thanks again, man!!! :):):)

8. MoD_Scotty

MoD_Scotty

Jul 22, 2007
    Thrapston, UK
    Yeah, I really can't see myself replacing my Avatar NEO stuff any time soon. Unless maybe Dave starts building 8x10s, then maybe I'd sell the 4x10 and 2x12 to get one.

9. lewislngvw

lewislngvw

Aug 16, 2005
    longview,texas
    avatar 8x10??..man i would be first in line for that one...or maybe a 6x10??:D

10. theophilus762

theophilus762 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Durham, NC
    after a few hours of ab'ing in my living room, which is about 25'x25' and about 25' high, i concluded that the cabs actually sound very similar. however, the avatar has a slightly deeper low end extension, but the aguilar S410 is a tad punchier, and has a "sweeter" high end.

the difference to me was so negligible, i'd be happy with an avatar rig anyday.

mlv, told ya i loved the cab. great to see you're enjoying the cab!