Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What i saw in the mall today

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Feb 18, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I think the store is called Ambercromby and something and i walked by it today in the mall and all the jeans on display were ripped and looked very old, i guess this style is back. I understand style is in the eye of the beholder but would you pay over a $100 for some ripped jeans with this brand name, i wouldent.

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Yeah, well I bet a bunch of those people in Abercrombie wouldn't pay over $1000 for a plank of wood with strings on it.

Goes both ways. ;)

3. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I'd pay for 'em... if they had $80 in the rear pocket. :p

[/overdone joke]

4. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Only if they were guaranteed to make me look like the lead singer of Def Leopard. Of course, I'd have to grow a mullet.

...pour some sugar on meeeEEEEeeeee
    In the name of love...

Serious answer: No, I would never buy jeans that look worn out, I like my new clothes to look new. I guess I'm old and square. I'd never even spend that much on any type of jeans.

5. I like girls that wear Abercrombie and Fitch....

Or wear nothing, I'm not fussy. ;)

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah seeing ripped up jeans back in fashion really broght me back to the 1980's.

7. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    Dude, thats nothing, I walked into Victoria's Secret the other day and they had panties with holes in the crotches!!! Like $15 a peice, who would pay for that???????????????? :confused:

8. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Wow, Mr. Bryson in the house. Are you still playing bass or did you set it down for good?

9. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    If they are used a lot of Japanese would pay much more than $15!

10. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU

Reminds me of this:

http://maddox.xmission.com/jeans.html

:smug:

11. "Yeah, you want some of this?" "No! look what it did to your undershorts!" - Larry the cableguy

12. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Howdy. I still play bass. I just haven't been around here much lately - had a little trumoil in my personal life & I've been working a whole bunch, but I still find a little time to play bass. I'll probably even have more time for talkbass in the coming weeks.

:bassist:

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    More or less. They think we're rediculous for charging as much as we do for tiling. I think they're rediculous for paying (Actually, I'm quite reasonable, I've seen some prices that are freakin out there and people still lined up).

14. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    You do tiling? I'm going to be helping my friend re-do his bathroom soon. I may need some pointers.

15. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, assuming you've got proper tools and at least he knows what he's doing...make sure you keep the grout lines lined up, don't let too much mud in the grout lines when you lay the tile, otherwise you'll have to chisel it out before you can grout (not fun, learned that the first day on the job). If you don't use kneepads, make sure you wear either pants or shorts that go past or stay above your knee. Kneeling right on the hem of the shorts can be more painful than just being on your knees all day.

Other than that. keep the tile corners level, and your friend should help you with the rest.

16. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    A good pair of jeans (nice and stylish) are hard to find these days for under 50-70 bux (regardless whether they r ripped or not), the rips are sometimes done by hand and its hard to make a rip in a jean that will not grow bigger. I have a few pairs of ripped jeans that I bought (discounted cause i work for a store) , they are comfy, but once when i was putting them on my foot got stuck in the fake rip and now theres a very big REAL rip in my jeans..

The one thing i find ridiculous is paying multiple hundres of dollars for jeans, like between 400-1000 IMO is redicuouls. It's mostly those girl jeans that go to those prices and it has somehting to do with ass bu oh well..

17. Yea, jeans are ridiculous in price. For $30 or less I can get good-looking Dockers or pants from the GAP, and for $35 I can get pro-style Dockers which look almost like dress pants. I wouldn't pay close to that for jeans, and paying more??? IMO, my pants look much better than those jeans that cost multiples of the price I pay.

(and btw, I'm wearing a super-sexy pair of prostyle Dockers right now, and they cost a fraction of what some jeans cost)

18. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    You know you guys sound like grandfathers right? I bet any fashion is popular just because it's the opposite of what old people wear. Since old people are wearing these straight nice perfection looking clothes, the younger generation is going to take a knife to their clothes.

Youth will do anything to be different than the elderly. The elderly hates us, so we will hate back, just like anything in life.

Besides, you did the same stupid crap in your teenage years anyway.

Oh btw, tons of people shop at thrift stores, so don't bring up price. If little rich girls have the money to buy certain clothes, they're going to do it.

19. I'm over the hill at 18 years old.

20. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ah yes the good old Abercrombie. The style now is tight,faded, and ripped. $100 please.