1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What Ibanez is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gjbassist, Mar 13, 2013.

1. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    Someone sent me this pic of a bass they are wanting to trade me (along with an Ashdown 410 combo amp) for a treadmill I'm selling on CL. What model is it and what do you think it is worth? The pic is terrible, it's supposed to be white. The things on the fretboard are Post-It notes the owner stuck on there to help him learn songs so they will come off easily.

ibbyo1_zpsa382be0b.

2. Bitterdale

Bitterdale Natural Born Lurker

Dec 4, 2010
    Ocala, FL
    Looks like a SRX2EX2, probably worth $150-200.

3. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    Thanks Bitterdale. That appears to be what it is. Not a fancy bass but looks to be nice and it's 24 fret, which I don't have. Looks like the amp, an Ashdown MAG C410T-300, is going to be the better part of this trade if I do it.

4. Bitterdale

Bitterdale Natural Born Lurker

Dec 4, 2010
    Ocala, FL
    I happen to have a MAG 300 head, which I would recommend as I quite like it. I'm noticing the combo weighs around 100 lbs, which may or may not be an issue for you.

5. mystic38

mystic38

Dec 4, 2012
    Mystic CT
    you may find its a keeper..i tried one of those at GC, and also an older srx500 .. they certainly punch above their weight...

6. I'd get him to throw in the hat with the deal.

7. baddarryl

baddarryl Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Cape Fear!
    Those low end Ibanez's are a tremendous value. I had the Ashdown 2x10 combo and loved it. Great amps. Very warm for SS.

8. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    I don't even use post-it in the office, for how unpolite they look... imagine on a bass

Can music be strange or what?

Cheers,
    Wallace

9. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    That bass looks like it cut itself shaving.

10. AltGrendel

AltGrendel Squire Jag SS fan. Supporting Member

May 21, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic USA.
    I'd bet that they're reminders of what's where for practice. Something like that.

11. FourBanger

FourBanger

Sep 2, 2012
    SE Como
    And it looks like a really really boring song. It is all the same note, just in umpteen different places.

12. i like that bass! :D

13. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    I had one...great bass for the money...not the greatest...but certainly the best bang for your buck for $100 to $200.