1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What if nobody owned your mortgage?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by unbasslichkeit, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Apparently with all the real estate craziness and companies closing and reselling and packaging mortgages into securities and all, some people's house notes are just slipping through the cracks. (Not me, though - my mortgage holder knows who I am AND where I live, and I send him a nice check every month in case he forgets.)

What a mess...:help:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=aejJZdqodTCM&refer=home

2. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    LOL What a mess. I sure hope all this is over soon, my 401K is suffering. :crying:

3. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Damn. We busted our butts to pay off our mortgage early and now I find out that I probalby could have just stopped paying it?! :p

We spent about 13 years paying ours off and in that time it was sold seven or eight times. it happened so often I lost count, but having read that I bet I could have gotten away with it. Oh well, at leat I can hold my head up high and say I was honest and met my obligation ahead of schedule.

4. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    Nah, you're just buying up shares at a greater rate.

This isn't forever.

5. richnota

richnota Gold Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Santa Cruz
    The wife had already paid most of our home's mortgage off by the time we got together (and we finished it off recently).

Kind of cool.

Strange but she still wont let me retire early. Something about laying around the house watching cable tv. :rollno:

6. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Love the avatar. LMAO. :D

7. OMG... I'm everywhere! :eek:

8. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    However, if you don't pay it all off you might never acquire the freehold reversion!

9. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    I could buy a new bass every month. Never mind...I already do that.