Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What if you could mix bassists to create a super bassist...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ras1983, Dec 13, 2005.

1. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Well, assuming we have become evil geniuses with a lot of money and time on our hands, we decide to conduct obscene human experiments. One such experiment is the mixing of strong technical prowess from a range of bass players to create the "Super Bass Player 3000".

Who would it be and what would it be?

I would start with Stanley Clarke, every facet of his playing ability. Then i would add vic's double thumping and knowledge of tapping, jaco's ability with harmonics and the Ox's overall polish with high intensity music.

2. Supernova67

Supernova67

Jun 21, 2005
    Michigan
    i would make something more like the Super-Slapper 3000. the combination would be Les Claypool, Vic Wooten, and Flea. any more than that would just be overkill :D

3. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    That combination would be sick... and some Jaco for melodies

4. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

How about Chris Squire, Flea, Victor Wooten, Geddy Lee and Stu Hamm!

That'll do it for me.

5. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Yes, but what exactly would you like to take from each one?

6. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Well let's see...

Both Chris Squire and Geddy Lee for their melodic creativity that still holds the bottom end down.

Flea and Victor for their badness and monster slapping that once again keeps things locked down without getting inaccessible.

Stu Hamm for his sensitivity and musicality.

Come to think of it I'll add Peter Cetera, again for doing what a bass player should, with a beautiful sense of movement added into it.

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Victor Wooten's talent + Cliff Williams Restraint = The Best bassist ever. ;)