What if you need to rent a double-bass in Madrid?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by tango and jazz, Jul 27, 2005.

1. tango and jazz

tango and jazz

Jul 27, 2005
    Hi, I am playing with a group that is doing often touring in Europe and next year a small amount of concerts in the states also.

Because I had some bad experience, 2 times with traveling by plane with the double bass i really prefer to rent an instrument in the city where we play.
    But where to start when you would like to find a shop to rent one? :bag:
    With a little help from professional bassplayers (all over the world maybe) I could make an list of places where people can rent basses.
    Example I do play in oktober 2005, 4 times, in Madrid, every tuesday 1 concert and would like to rent an instrument there. I have no contacts there but need really soon a bass there.

I know about making websites or how to set up a forum so I could organise these part but really would appreciate your suggestions.

So are there people thinking it is a good idea to make that list and are willing to supply me the contacts of where to rent or repair (that could be good also) a bas in your region? :ninja:

thanks in advance
    Regards Luc Van Gestel
  2. bassist14

Oct 17, 2005
    hi luc,

maybe this helps:
    or this:

i had the same problem last year and sent a mail to the contrabajo-webmaster (in english, because i don´t speak spanish)
    but never got an answer.
    i probably have some concerts in alicante in summer, if you find some help in madrid it would be nice if you could send me some information.

good luck