What in all things low end is this

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by kev451, Sep 2, 2018.

1. kev451

kev451 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2014
    New Jersey
    Came across this and figured everyone could have a good laugh. Enjoy your day !

Attached Files:

BassCliff, EatS1stBassist and Mr_Moo like this.
  2. Wild!

Here's one of mine.

upload_2018-9-2_13-0-22.jpeg

3. kev451

kev451 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2014
    New Jersey
    electracoyote likes this.
  4. dtripoli

dtripoli

Aug 15, 2010
    CA
    Bought a $90 beater Squier P-bass for #3 daughter, Sydney Jayne as a starter bass

Before
    Headstock 1_Fotor.jpg

Sanded
    Headstock 2_Fotor.jpg

After
    headstock after_Fotor_Fotor1.jpg

I got the decal from some company in England. Filled out the form and chose font, obviously, Fender and they acknowledged my order quickly. I live in the USA and figured it would take weeks to receive the custom decal. 3-1/2 days later it was in my So. California mailbox. They also give you a sample decal to practice with if you're unsure how to apply the permanent one. As I recall it was about $18 US dollars

Edit post: Link to English decal maker: www.rothkoandfrost.com
    I also forgot they we're less expensive than anticipated.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  5. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown

Feb 16, 2011
    I always wanted to take my old beater parts bass and put a decal that looks exactly like a Fender logo but substitute Flender for Fender.
    The plan would then be to brag about my rare old Fender J bass and show it off and when someone catches the bogus decal and points it out get all axle wrapped and deny it’s a fake and get all upset and act like a dick and just generally have a good time with it. :D

MattZilla, EatS1stBassist and Mr_Moo like this.
  6. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    wkbryan and dtripoli like this.
  7. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    My kinda humor!! LMAO! :roflmao:

8. TedH

TedH

Dec 6, 2014
    Westchester, NY
    This thread gets into how to do this at home.

9. Link?

BnB

10. dtripoli

dtripoli

Aug 15, 2010
    CA
  11. dtripoli

dtripoli

Aug 15, 2010
    CA
    Extremely good looking decals with easy to follow instructions. My daughter was so elated with a one of a kind bass she kept it on a guitar stand and when you opened her door, that's the first thing you'd see. She has her own place now and it's a wall hanger in her entry living room but used frequently.

If you don't count the labor hours(labor of love in this case) I only spent about $50 in upgrades.
    But the gift to Sydney Jayne was priceless to her.

I mainly bought this particular Squier because the majority you find are black.
    This one was Midnight Blue. By the way, I kept the backs of the body and headstock in 'as-is' condition, stickers and all. Plus the Squier serial number, all untouched.

11Bass after full_Fotor.jpg