1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What in the world has been going on around here??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ty McNeely, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Well, as a few of you might possibly--but probably won't--notice, I've been gone for a long-arse time.

Can't remember when I made my last post prior to this one (and the one 4 minutes ago about my job...), but I know it's been a long, long time.

Anyhoo....for anyone who might possibly care, I'm still at Baylor U down here in Waco. I'm a junior....but I didn't take classes this semester. Totally burned out and just generally bored with life. Sooooo.....I went straight-up rebel, pissed my mom off, and started playing poker for a living. I've done well at it, and I WILL be playing in the World Series of Poker this summer, so be watching for me (see name above) on TV starting around....October, probably (hopefully):hyper:.

For those concerned, I *AM* going back to school next fall. While I hated school while I was there, not being there has made me wanna go back. Plus, if something ever happens with poker, I'll be able to get a *cough* REAL job......bleh.

Now, for the saddest part of it all......I sold my axe awhile back. Right around the time I stopped posting, actually. At the time I was in desperate need of money for school, plus I wasn't playing AT ALL, and my axe deserved better than it was getting. So, I sold it, along with my thunder-rig that I loved so much. I do plan to get back into it, but not anytime soon. Entirely too occupied with life outside of bassdom.

So anyways....for anybody that remembers me....what's been goin' on around here that I might be interested in. Furthermore, what's been going on in YOUR lives---if you care to share.

2. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    it's beena while ty, glad to see your still around

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Whoa, dude. That's quite a change!

Glad to hear that you're doing alright because I have indeed been wondering about you.

bc

4. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Hey Ty, good to see your still around. If you get a chance, come out to the guitar show this weekend at Market Hall. I will be there Sat. morning hanging out. Will prolly spend a good bit of time at the Anderson Guitar Gallery booth, as thats where Pete Skjold is setting up.

Take care man, and hope your doing well!

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Nice to see you back Ty , I hope you are doing well. :)

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Hey Ty! Got any speeding tickets lately??? :D

-Mike

7. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

Psh. Surely you jest, my friend!

The obvious answer is......but of course I have!!!

The current count stands at a baker's dozen.

Current count on my driving record?: ZERO!

8. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

I've been wondering about you as well. I never make it over to your corner of paradise (aka Hewitt), but I still have wondered often how you've been. Hope everything is going well with you and your wife!

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Right on. It's good to see you back. I was thinking about you and your Baylor Bears womens b-ball team during the tournament.

-Mike

10. Bout time you dragged your sorry butt back here. Now grovel before me. Grovel, I say!!:D

Rock on
    Eric

11. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Oh no, Not here, you don't. Go to a hotel or something.

Welcome back to the madness, Ty.

12. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I noticed that I hadn't seen you post for awhile.

13. Hey, it's perfectly acceptable. At least, in Vermont and the Netherlands.....:D

Rock on
    Eric

14. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Funny how the day you decide to check back in at TB is the same day I decide to check back in.

15. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Whats up dude, WB...

Yeah, i watch PWS all the time, hope to see you there... :)

Lately it has been rookies winning vs. old players so good luck. :)

16. good to see you back Ty!

good luck with the poker games!
    did you ever meet Erick Lindgren while playing poker? thats my girlfriends cousin :) (but only by marriage :()
    good luck!

17. Hey, Phatso!! One of the few who got to TB before me. How have things been?

Rock on
    Eric

18. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Things are ok. When I graduated college in '04 my band split up and I kind of fell off the bass bandwagon. Went months without touching a bass. Got into cars instead. Getting back into the swing of things with a couple of gigs this weekend.

19. Bryan_G

Bryan_G

Apr 28, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Hey

Wow man, I didn't know you took the semester off? I completly understand though. It is really hard to see how school is going to pay off sometimes.

It's cool you are doing something you like. Even if your mom hates it :D Good luck at that.

Bryan

20. it's WSOP, n00b. :rolleyes: