Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what in the world?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xcental34x, Jun 19, 2004.

1. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    i love it, a clear pick guard with wrapping papper under neither is my guess.

2. lol.. nice pg

but im actually more drawn to the bongo behind it..

is that a burst? i didn't know they made bongo's with burst finishes... nice basses..

3. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    I don't think it's a burst... it looks like that orange finish with a shadow cast over part of it. :)

4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I like that technique with pickguards. All it takes is a clear guard and a pair of scissors. Cut out whatever pictures you want from magizines, home photos, anything, and you can change your pickguard to whatever suits your mood, or which gig you're going to.

5. flywheel

flywheel

Jul 9, 2003
    Shawnee, KS
    They don't make bongos with a burst b/c they're made of basswood. That's his 4 string, I think it's called Desert Gold on that color (kinda orange/rust in normal light). He has 3 bongos! That one, a five string dual humbucker, and another 4 string that has a humbucker in the bridge and a single coil in the neck. He has a buttload of nice basses!

6. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    LOOBBBSTA!

Sorry, I'm from right outside of boston :p.

7. hondo8671

hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
  8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I hear Jack mixes a hell of a martini too :bassist:

9. hah!~ I love it!
    looks like the lobster from spongebob

10. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    THanks
    Troy

11. Its the Pink Rev that's got my Eye...Your Saucy Devil You.... :eyebrow:

12. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    Hello?

Have I been summoned? *yawning*

I see the LobsterRay has been noticed. Well, it is indeed a clear pickguard and I believe an illustration from an old Playboy. It was just a test to see how it looked, and I think it turned out rather nicely. I probably won't leave the lobsters on, but I've been known to be lazy about such things.

The "pink Rev" is an orange PJ4, which I only kept for about two weeks. I love the 5L and Brad Houser I have, but that PJ was too....indistinct for me. Cool color, though - looked like ice cream.

Let's admit it - they're not overly complex drinks! But I'd be glad to hook you up anytime you're in town.

Flywheel is clearly keeping up with my basses - right on all calls.

13. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    You felt the need to post this why? :eyebrow: :rolleyes:

14. Hmmm, bands it would be appropriate in:

Aquarium Rescue Unit
    Ocean Colour Scene
    (for a performance of) Rock Lobster
    "it wasn't a ra, it's a rock lobster!"

more???
    ;)

15. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Maybe it would have been better if that thought stayed in your mind.

16. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    That thought is probably LOCKED in that sort of mind.

It's okay, I'm hard to offend. It's my bloody bass and if I decide to put a nude photo of Janet Reno on there, I surely will. But, um, would that be retarded?

heh heh

17. Used to have Bill the Cat under a clear guard on my old ATK...

Whatevah floats yer boat right? It's your lumber.

18. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Can you get clear pic guard for the bongo cos that would really push me over to buying one. I'd love to have some por.... erm artistic photographs on my bass. One other concern do the screws go into the wood or metal thingys that I see on most battery compartments you know so that the bass doesn't wear away when u unscrew part more than 1 a year.

Bovine you rule, after all your pro bongo campaining i'm sure thats why gail ann dorsey, pino and tony levin all have them now :D I hope to join your religious sect over the summer.