1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What influences your brand choice?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fish slapper, Jan 27, 2012.

1. fish slapper

fish slapper

Nov 17, 2005
    Newberg, OR
    Hi there:

Another poll from the MBA student. This one is what influences to even consider a brand of bass.

2. BobaFret

BobaFret

Jan 22, 2008
    Do I like it.

3. These days? Just about nothing besides prior experience. I guess you could say I never really chose basses based on brand name in the first place. If I liked the way it sounded, then I would try to find one.

4. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    Consistency.

5. tone, tone, tone. i'd play a diamond plate bass with a plastic neck made by oompa loompas if it had tone comparable to a P or a J

6. fish slapper

fish slapper

Nov 17, 2005
    Newberg, OR
    Sorry guys. Forgot to attach poll.

Mods, can you please close this thread and hopefully folks can respond to the duplicate thread with the poll attached.

Many thanks,

Mark

7. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Playability, sound, looks. If it also has a bit of an edgey rather then traditional look. Wether Ibanez soundgear etc rounded sleek, or BC Rich type pointy, thats a plus to. Lol. The types of bass players that play a brand can influence my decision to concider a brand. But more often then not, theyre allready playing the types of basses I like the most anyway. Lol.