1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What instrument(s) DO you see yourself playing?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mystic Michael, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    As a counterpart to that other thread started by Alvaro Martín Gómez A., I'd like to know: What additional instrument(s) (besides the bass) DO you see yourself playing? Which one(s) are you really yearning to learn?

Since I already play four-string electric, fretted & fretless, I'm determined to learn five-string electric (fretted & fretless), plus six-string electric (fretted, tuned EADGCF). Remainder of my list:

• Chapman Stick (bass stick and/or 12-string stick)
    • piano
    • synthesizers (polyphonic)
    So how about it? :meh:

MM

2. One of these days Im gonna get a fretless and hang onto it so I get good at it. I also want to learn acoustic guitar as well.

3. I play every instruments I used to see myself playing.

4. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    I suck at piano, so I'd like to be much better at that. Then I'd like to learn trombone and/or trumpet. And of course upright bass, I've never really had a good opportunity to learn it.

I could also see myself as a drummer - I'm sure I could become quite good with some more practice. I can lay down a tight groove, but I can't play fills properly. I need to practice coordination.

I play guitar too (at least as much as bass), but I haven't played guitar on a gig in years...

5. DRUMS if i ever get the space.

oh and not forgetting EVERYTHING else, apart from, as you wil have read in the counterpart thread, the sitar :D

6. Yvarg

Yvarg Gold Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Irvine, CA
    I have a mental list of instruments I want to learn at least a little of like the bouzouki (irish), nyckelharpa, english horn (should be easier than others listed as I already play oboe and bassoon), and a plethora of medieval winds/strings.

7. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Good for you, dude. You're a role model for us all...

MM

8. rfclef

rfclef

Jan 19, 2007
    Woodburn, Oregon
    As a music teacher, I have a certain amount of skill on a lot of instruments... I played drum set a couple times at football games last year with my HS pep band, cause I did not have a drummer... I guess I would like to get better at the drum kit... Other than that, my big desire is to play more Bass...

9. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

:) I'm glad to be the motivator of other interesting threads.

Definitely:

- Drums, inspired by Neil Peart (although I didn't know him in my early teens, when I wanted to be a drummer).

- Trombone, inspired by Christian Lindberg and many Salsa players.

- Baritone sax.

- French horn.

- Guitarrón and tuba, for the sake of widening my scope as a bass player.

10. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

11. Piano and Percussion

12. If I have the money, I'd like to take up the Chapman Stick or Warr Guitar. I also wouldn't mind playing guitar or drums either. As for now, I'll stick to bass.