What is a Badass bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Bassforever, Aug 17, 2001.

1. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Miscellaneous, huh?:confused:?

I think that this actually belongs in Setup. Merlin or Hambone, let me know if I am wrong.
  2. Yep good move. I think that picture sums it up tho don't you think? Can someone answer our friends question in words?

3. Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    its an outstanding bass bridge that does everything it says on the package. increases sustain ( you bet! ), your notes sound clear and crisp ( unless you have crappy pickups ), gets more precise tuning, its a really great bridge! they give you great sounds, not to mention, they look pretty snazy;) . can be found in most places for around $40. hope that helps.
  4. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    A bridge with a really bad attitude.... just kidding

It´s a brand of bridges and guitar/bass related stuff, I know some old Spector basses have them.
  5. 72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I've got a Badass on my Yamaha Pulsar (aka the abuse bass) and it's by far the best thing about that bass - the bridge REALLY enhances the sustain and it's super easy to adjust on the fly. I dunno how hard they are to install, since it was on it when I bought the thing, but if you're looking to switch bridges, it's probably your best bet.

6. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Is it really necessary to file grooves in the saddles of a Badass?I put one on my MIM Deluxe J eight months ago,didnt file any grooves,and havent had any problems as of yet.Am I just really lucky or am I missing something here?
  7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    That's what the link is for.