Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What is a good 15" bass amp or combo for a small price

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Flea_Ament, Jan 7, 2002.

1. Flea_Ament

Flea_Ament

Jan 7, 2002
    Can anyone suggest a good bass amplifier or a combo with a 15" speaker. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. I thin kthe Ampeg B2 is a great choice if you plann on adding to it later. Its a bit higher priced than most I believe though because of the available power. could very well be selling mine in the near future though.

3. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    GK 400rb or 700rb

4. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    The Carvin PB100-15 or PB200-15 ain't bad and won't empty your wallet... 100W and $300 or 160W and $400 respectively. The Ampeg B100-R Rocket is nice and can be found at good prices with a little research. Alot of this decision will depend on what you will be using the amp for. I'd take any of these to a church, coffeehouse, rehearsal, etc. no problem. Any place requiring more power, and you'll be left in the dust fairly quickly...

-robert

5. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    By the way... Welcome to TalkBass!

-robert

6. Let me second that B100R recomendation. I bought one in October and all I can say is they sound excellent. They're not too big eihter, and they go pretty loud for 100watts w1x15. No effects loop, but, Ampeg has a similar amp that has one. $479.00 at www.musiciansfriend.com

Another one I can recommend is Ashdown. They're at M/F also. 130 watts w1x15. I think they're $449.00.

Good Luck,
    Mike J.
    P.S. Welcome to Talkbass from me as well.

7. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    I have an Ampeg B-2 and its very nice. I would recommend it if you plan on possibly adding an extension cab to it. But the B100R is also very nice an cheaper so if your looking to spent as little as possible the go for the B100R its really nice.

8. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    Although I haven't tried the Ashdown, I've heard only good things about it so far and I would probably get it because it weighs only 40 or so lbs. I like light amps. :p