What is a good cheap bass for mods?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ny_chan, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Wonder which is a cheap bass that has got reasonably good wood to to use after all the electronics have taken out to be replaced.
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    SX, from Rondo Music.
  3. x2
  4. I agree the rondo basses are great. i have one 6 string bass and one guitar, and both are equal to instruments 3 to 4 times the price. In fact i just ordered a short scale P bass from them for the exact same pupose :p . Also to top things off, most of their designs are fender copies so there is a whole world of aftermarket items for your to choose from.
  5. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    I like Squiers hehe
  6. Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    the esex is perfect for this. they are decent new, but can be tweaked up. if you screw it up totlaly, you only lost like 75 bucks.
  7. DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat

Which ones do you have? I'd like to take a peek at them on their website.

Thanks newworldman
  8. SirPoonga

Jan 18, 2005
    That's what I plan on doing with my squier. I am learning bass. When I feel like I can move to a 5 string (looking at the Carvin 5string kit) I will fool around with the pbass. Try different strings, pickup positions, etc...
  9. dlearner

Jun 14, 2002
    Salt Lake City
    I'm not sure about the current SX basses, but I had a fretless Essex P a few years ago and the neck pocket was too small for a Fender neck. Other than that, I agree with everything else posted here.