1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is a good guitar.....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by paniak17, Dec 26, 2006.

1. I have some christmas money and want to get a guitar for about $170-250. I want it to look like a strat or a jaguar, and have a whammy bar. I was looking at some squiers. What do you guys think?

2. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    dude, the new squiers are pretty awesome, imo. try out the squier 51. my friend has one that i play all the time in the band i play guitar in( i know, i know:( ) it plays very, very well, stays in tune great, good output, ect. check it out. i think thay are going for aroung $100 dollars now, and, imo, youd be hard pressed to find a better guitar for under 300. im super happy with this guitar.

3. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    cool, what kind of music are you playing?

4. Thanks for the replies. Pink Floydish Rock(You can see why I'm leaning torwards a strat). And I don't like the looks of telecasters (no offense). Also that doesn't have a whammy-bar.

As for rondomusic, I'm a little worried about buying from there, i know many people are fans of theirs, and thats cool, but i guess its just not for me.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I have played an Agile Les Paul copy, and it was TOTALLY fantastic. I really wanted one

6. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    i love strats. my older squier affinity start is my main guitar, i was only showing you the 51 cause they are a great deal. my squier plays better than alot of mim, but like i said, the newer fender stuff is so awesome. strat= versatile tone, bla, blah, blah,. i love strats...

7. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I have a Korean built Squier from the early 90's and it is fantastic.

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Used MIM Fender Strat. I picked mine up for $250, threw on some Graphtek saddles, had some fretwork done, and now outplays any American I've put it up against.

9. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    thats what mine is.

10. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I can vouch for the Agile AL-2000 at rondo. Freakin top looks amazing on my spalted maple one, and it sounds pretty good - warm and bassy on the neck pup and well, it bites a little on treble.