What is a good pickup for my high school's jazz band?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Brad Barker, Jun 20, 2001.

1. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    hello, I will be a sophomore next year at port saint lucie high school in southern florida. i have played electric bass in the school's jazz band my freshman year, and my school has ordered its first upright bass. of course, i'm not very good at it now, but I'll have a year to practice, as there is a second bass player (who will be a senior) who will play the upright.

anyway, what i want to know is what is a good pickup for the school to start out on. since it is a school, and a florida one at that, we don't have the biggest budget to work with. in fact, our assistant band director's position was eliminated, and i heard from some other students that there was talk of eliminating the whole music program altogether, but that is a different thread altogether.

I know of a few brands, such as fishman, and minimal about the technology (transducer vs....umm, i said i knew minimal!). so what are your opinions.
  2. Check out the K&K pick up systems. They are very affordable and sound great.Go to Gollihur.com for more information. Bob is great and will answer any questions you might have.