What is a good price

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RedGrange, Nov 15, 2000.

1. RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    I became interested in a particular G&L L-2500. It is natural Ash, with a maple fingerboard. The price the guy quoted me was $1190. I think that is a little steap, he said they have had it for a couple months in thier stock. I've only played it once, looks beautiful.. and it comes with a case.

What do you think is a good price for it? I'm trading in my old bass, so what he would give me for that is a factor... but I want it!!
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The bass is worth that, but they can generally be had for less than that.

You might want to edit this and put G&L in the title if you want people to read and respond to it. :)
  3. There are a couple on e-Bay right now going for around $850 (used), but I guess you still have to sell yours. The new price doesn't sound too bad though.
  4. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    You may want to contact Bass Northwest http://www.bassnw.com , and see what their price is for a new L-2500.
  5. I have one and I paid a little less.... mine has a Swamp-ash body,a maple neck, with rose-wood fingerboard and Blue-burst premium paint.....also came with case...... I paid about $1050 new and it was worth every penny+++++++++++++....... That is not a bad price but work on him a little bit if he had it awhile he should budge.........

.....if you groove it, they will come.......