What is a horn?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by slim_gaijin, Feb 11, 2002.

  1. slim_gaijin


    Feb 7, 2002
    When looking at the components of an amp I usually see the word "horn". On the Eden site I see some speakers have a "cast bell horn". Yesterday I went to a music shop and saw some amps had a tag that said "w/ horn".

    Argh! What is it?

  2. It is a high frequency tweeter used to reproduce those lovely high end clicks and harmonics that bigger speakers will not faithfully reproduce.

    "Don't fear the tweeter"