What is a MM similiar to.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by odie, May 6, 2001.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

I have a Stingray(4) and I was wondering what neck specs it has. It seems to be the most comfortable neck Ive had on a bass that Ive owned. Im guessing its similiar to a P bass neck?? Just wondering if Im playing a baseball (bassball ;) ) bat, or a noodle.

I know dumb question.
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Closer to a classic P bass than anything else, although the profile isn't quite as thick.
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I have a Stingray 5, which I own mostly because every bass player should have one, and I've described the neck as "club-like." Baseball bat, compared to Lakland or Pedulla. This is not necessarily bad, though.
  4. David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    I think a music man is similar to... a music man !

5. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    warwicks have thick necks. and i think they feel pretty similar to stingrays...

6. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    Musicman is close.. to Musicman! Agreeing to David-Adler on this one. Musicman has their own tone, which other basses do not have. Especially their slap tone. I Tried some Stingrays and Sterlings. I favor the sterlings over Stingray. but thats just me. Everyone has their own opinion. I don't mind the small body, and I like the pickup switch(Stingray 5 has those though).
  7. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    The neck specs on 4 strings are:

.83" to .96" thick
    1.5" to 2.48" wide.

1.5 to 2.5 Sterling,
    1.625"- 2.5 Stingray

both with 11" radius