1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What is a MM similiar to.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by odie, May 6, 2001.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

I have a Stingray(4) and I was wondering what neck specs it has. It seems to be the most comfortable neck Ive had on a bass that Ive owned. Im guessing its similiar to a P bass neck?? Just wondering if Im playing a baseball (bassball ;) ) bat, or a noodle.

I know dumb question.

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Closer to a classic P bass than anything else, although the profile isn't quite as thick.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I have a Stingray 5, which I own mostly because every bass player should have one, and I've described the neck as "club-like." Baseball bat, compared to Lakland or Pedulla. This is not necessarily bad, though.

4. David-Adler

David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    I think a music man is similar to... a music man !

David

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    warwicks have thick necks. and i think they feel pretty similar to stingrays...

jason

6. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Musicman is close.. to Musicman! Agreeing to David-Adler on this one. Musicman has their own tone, which other basses do not have. Especially their slap tone. I Tried some Stingrays and Sterlings. I favor the sterlings over Stingray. but thats just me. Everyone has their own opinion. I don't mind the small body, and I like the pickup switch(Stingray 5 has those though).

7. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    The neck specs on 4 strings are:

Warwick:
    .83" to .96" thick
    1.5" to 2.48" wide.

MMs:
    1.5 to 2.5 Sterling,
    1.625"- 2.5 Stingray

both with 11" radius