Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What is a used Warwick thumb worth?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The Hammer, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    I need the collective knowledge of the talkbass community. I have a 1996 Thumb neck thru 5 string that I am thinking about selling. It is one of the "good" ones with the brass adjustable nut and the wenge/bulbinga construction. It has a little wear that this normal for a bass that has been played but I would say that it is in a solid 9 condition. What are these selling for now. I've checked out eBay but I don't know if that is an acurate reflection of what these are worth. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I sold my 1990 Thumb 5 N/T in great condition for $1600 on ebay a year or so back.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    WOW! Thats much more than I thought I could get. Thanks :p

4. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    it's worth a dollar. since you're a tb'er, i'll give you two. seriously, i've been looking for an older thumb for awhile- they tend to go for $1500-ish, depending on condition and such... i don't have the $$$ now to buy one though (unless you want to trade for an swr stack ;) )

5. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    Actually I am selling it to thin the herd out a bit although I do like SWR amps. If you want to see it look at my other thread called "My Basses". Its the last on the right

6. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice... but unless you want to let me come over and do $1500-ish worth of (very amateur) yard/house work or pay you $15 a month for a hundred months, i don't see me getting this bass. i'm sure you'll have no problem selling it though. good luck. :bassist:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.