What is a Warwick E Bass????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pgurns, Jan 2, 2004.

1. pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    I saw a bass on ebay that was being called an "E" bass. Specifically it is a Warwick Thumb 4 E Bass.

What does the "E" stand for? Is there another Warwick Thumb bass other than the ones listed on their website? I was only aware of the Thumb basses coming in either neck through or bolt on design and either in 4 or 5 string flavors.

Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.

2. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    It's probably a typo.
  3. pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    Thats what I thought but the guy sent me an email back and continued to refer to it as an E bass. I sent him an email asking him what he meant byt that but I have not heard back yet. I just want to be clear on what it is I will be buying

4. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    A lot of people, particularly non-Americans, call basses "E basses", or electric basses.
  5. pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    That makes sense. When I did a search for "Warwick E Bass" on Google, 90% of the results I got were in a foreign language (european mainly)

Well I got this thing for 850 bucks with a gig bag all brand new so I hope for the best now :)

6. pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    BTW I just saw your name conical, Thats rather funny :)
  7. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    Maybe the "E" stands for Ebony fingerboard if it has one. I've actually seen the Thumbs come with Ebony boards in the past, so this is just a guess. It probobly stands for electric as someone else stated.
  8. Germans use the E alot in the names of guitars and basses.
    E gitarren und E bassen :)
    E stands for electric... simple as that.
  9. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    It's an option on their site under "price lists", along with inlay at the 24th fret, lined fretless, left handed, LED's, etc. etc.