1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What Is An Ampeg B-1 150 ??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SurferJoe46, Oct 29, 2010.

1. I THOUGHT I could see pixs of it, but I guess not and I have no idea what this is.

It looks like it might be a rack mount - but I still need some idea of the age and what it's capable of.

I have an eye of a used one for a pretty decent price - but I need some info. It might be nice for a practice amp - no?

Not sure I would jam with it, but is it a pretty good quality amp?

Is it a tube-amp?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    nope, not a tuber. according to the ampeg book, a 150w ss combo with a 112/horn. made between 1992 and 95. no idea what it sounds like.

3. Yeah - I get info all over the place - but the pix I see is of a rack-mount - so I'm still confused. Waiting for the guy to call this AM.

4. stiles72

stiles72

Mar 20, 2009
    Albany IL
    In the '95 Ampeg catalog they list a B1R and a B1. The B1R is a single space 150 watt amp with a tube preamp (2 x 12AX7). Looks like it has a three band EQ with ultra hi/lo, and it also has a second channel for solos. The B1 is a 12" combo of the same amp.

Here's a pic showing the preamp tubes:
    [​IMG]

Here's the combo, though this one has slightly different silk screening / logo from the one in the 95 catalog:
    [​IMG]

There is also a more modern B1RE that has a solid state preamp, 300 watts, so it probably depends on which era you are looking at.

5. Got any idea of the value?

6. evilgabe

evilgabe

Jan 30, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    I used to have the combo amp. I remember it sounded great but it wasn't very loud and I swear it weighed 100lbs. It was way too heavy for what it was. Its a 1x12 combo that comes with casters. That has to tell you something.

7. I ran to my bass guru and he found one at some place with Bazaar in the name for $99.99+ shipping.

Link::: http://www.bazaar-world.com/guitar-amp-12622-Ampeg-B-1-Bass-Amplifier-Single-Space-Rack

I don't think it's a good deal for what I have to trade.

I checked out on the web, and found the same guy had it on EBay and was asking $149.00 and in the time it's been posted, there have been ZERO bids.

This might be a hummer.

That's when you go:: 'Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!'

This makes the third bad deal this week.

1) A Peavey Bass stack with some 15" guitar-quality Scorpions in it and 2) that Marcus Miller that never showed up at the arraigned rendezvous where I waited for three hours.

The beer was good though.

Now this 3) Ampeg rack-mounted 150 Watt amp that hasn't called back even after I sent e-mails and left messages.