What is best beginning bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by p funk allstar, Jan 2, 2002.

1. A lot of people would say Squier P-bass, Affinity or Special Series- I would agree. Good alternatives would be the Yamaha RBX260, or a low priced Ibanez Soundgear. I also hear that Dean makes good, low cost basses, but I've never used one.
  2. i gotta squire musicmaster used for $140 in good condition. Love playing the little baztid. Makes it easy on the hands for streching. Try one...not the best bass but fun!:D
  3. badbass15

Jan 2, 2002
    hmm.. i started out with a fender bass body and what is still being discussed between me and my instructor as possibly a fender p-bass neck... it is 7 months since i sold it, too.. anyways, i thoguht it was the coolest thing to start out on, and i played it for two years before noticing anything wrong with it. So i would say if you are just starting go to a guitar center or something and check out the used gear section, find a knowlegable employee, and throw yourself on their mercy. not only can this be informative, you can even get better deals than list price that way sometimes.
  4. the best beginner bass has to be the inexpensive ibanez soundgears. the price is right, nice slim necks and will get u through the year till u buy a 'real' bass.
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

What happened to the person who started this thread and their post?:confused:
  6. escape

Jan 1, 2002
    hey i am new to bass too but i did a research and found out old ibanez soundgears, yamaha trbII, fender mim s are one of the best ones to start.