1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is CN2 for on the EHX Micro POG's circuit board? (Photo content)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Femto, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Exactly as the thread title. Just took a glance at the circuit board of my EHX Micro POG and on there, is a little 5 pin connector.

I'm just being inquisitive. It's got to be for something. Anybody know, or fancy having a theorise..

EHX_Micro_POG_CN2.jpg

2. Usually these are used for brining in external power either AC or DC. If you notice further down there is an unpopulated CN3.

I'm not to familiar with the EHX but, is the plug/connector beside CN2 for the power cord? If so then CN2 could be used to supply power to a daughter board (a second board installed), or component.

3. Yeah, that's what I initially thought. I wonder....you don't usually put connectors on a circuit design just for fun.

Daughterboard..hmm. If you were a daughterboard that connects to the circuit of an octave effect, what would you be?

4. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Oregon, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    They use the same board for several of their digital pedals, which is cheaper than having different boards for everything. Then they only populate the areas of the board that are needed for that particular circuit. Note for example the unpopulated U7 next to U9, and CN3.

In this case I'd guess it's a test point. A testing fixture connects to CN2, pipes some signal through and measures what comes out to make sure the board is operating properly.

5. yes.gif Yeah, I'll go with that. Thanks.

6. This.

Probably a test point for calibrating the pedal before it leaves the factory.

7. bassrest

bassrest

May 19, 2005
    could also be used to power the boards during the burn in. Burn in is when a device is powered up for a pre determined amount of time, usually 8-16 hours, and usually in a really warm room. Kind of a stress test. But using it to power up at testing/ calibration stations is very likely.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 3, 2020