1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is Elvis Presley had lived

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by powderfinger, Oct 15, 2010.

1. powderfinger

powderfinger

Feb 24, 2009
    Sorry, this will be my last OT "what if" thread... my juices are flowing :)

I have a feeling that by 1980, Elvis would have still be in such poor physical shape, that he would have halted touring and recording for a while. His health would have made touring almost impossible had he gotten worse.. and honestly, his Vegas, sequin jumpsuit act wouldnt have lasted much longer... it wouldnt have flown in the 80s.

I think Elvis would have gotten into decent shape and quit drugs with the right attention. I think he would have simply given his life to Jesus or something, and done stricly gospel albums for a while. The 80s would've been a slow, dol-drum time for Elvis, sorta like they were for Johnny Cash.

I think in the 90s Elvis would have been "reinvented" Johnny Cash style, by Rick Rubin, perhaps? Elvis pretty much did other people's songs anyhow his entire career... he could have done a hell of an album in 1994 or 1995 perhaps... he couldve done some U2 covers or something? I think also in the 90s Elvis could have landed some kickass movie roles. Imagine Elvis playing Nick Nolte's role in 48 Hours with Eddie Murphy *ok, that was 80s but you get my drift.

In the 00s, Elvis IMO, would've become a fitness enthusiast. A karate expert, he already was... he could have done his own workout tapes. And even had his own grill or wok, sorta like George Foreman.

2. I think he would have had a long point of people not caring about him , a final tour kinda thing and retirement.

Or a heart attack.

3. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    He would have died a week later.

4. He probably would have made a crappy MTV [DEL]Un[/DEL]plugged.

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Are we playing Jeopardy?

6. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    I would be a franchise owner of Elvis' crazy sandwich shoppes.

7. Truktek2

Truktek2

Sep 5, 2008
    Queens, NY
    He'd probably be the opening act for John Lennon :D

8. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    He would've been the headliner at the grand opening of some Branson theater, playing there until they couldn't prop him up anymore.:scowl:

Lennon wasn't doing his best work at the end, but a return to vitality certainly wasn't far-fetched. In contrast, Presley, except for a couple of bright spots, was in a physical and musical decline for more than 15 years.

9. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    We'd all eat peanut butter and banana sandwiches much more frequently...

10. If Elvis hadn't died on that toilet, he'd probably have died within a year from that event.

11. what do you mean? Elvis is not dead :bag:

12. There'd be a lot less bacon in the world?