Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what is it with folks lately?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by john turner, May 1, 2003.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    a lot of folks, and not just here at talkbass, seem pretty wound up/crabby lately. anyone else notice this?

what's going on?

2. Spring is here...when a young man's fancy turns into homicidal rage.

3. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i don't kno....i've been in a pretty good mood considering whats been happeneing in my life...

bp13

4. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Spring hormones = mate and fight

5. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I've probably seemed crabby - I hope not, but maybe... I have noticed that I've made a lot of long posts lately and often times the more I type the creepier I sound. I'm really not cranky, I'm just bored (which is why I'm posting lot's and looking for online debates) well, I'm not just bored - I'm bored / I'm having trouble concentrating because the sun is out and the sky is blue and the birds are chirping and I'm inside at a computer and...I'm sorry what were we talking about?.....

6. Names! I want names. This is just as bad as posting a "Lookit my new Bass" thread with no pic. Shame on you, JT.

7. Its nearing summer-time, Thus work load has become greater and due dates are approaching faster. It may also be the heat, Its searing in colorado, And heat makes Eric Very angry Roarrr!!!

8. Yeah, graduation is right on top of me. Overall, everything's going well, I got into a college I like, I have pretty good grades etc. But I still have this damned Senior Project thing to do that irks me to no end. When it's all behind me I'll be dancing in the streets.

In fact....I'll ring your door bell JT and give you flowers.

And the whole spring/mating thing holds true as well.

Still, I'm feel pretty good right now.

9. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    wow! that is what we all grew up saying around here: daddy, lookit (dad - ya, chut up!)
    mommy, lookit (mom - te' lo sico, mijo [my spanish spelling is pretty bad!])

i miss growing up in a Latino household with my parents and brothers :bawl:

now to part two:

10. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

What do you guys have to do?

I remember when we had to do it, we had to do a project that took at least 20 hours to complete and a 10 page paper and we were given the entire year to do it. People were pissed about having to do such a "ridiculous" assignment (as in it's too much work). I didn't have a problem with it but I found it really funny how poorly prepared 90% of the students were for anything remotely resembling real life. I mean 20 hours is nothing at all to spend on an assignment..or really anything at all to be honest.

As far as being crabby...I dunno, violence, earthquakes, global health concerns, economic worries, bad drivers everywhere etc etc? Could be at least part of it.

11. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    :spit: :) :( :hyper:

as you can see, i'm feeling pretty bipolar myself

:)

12. We have 15 hours of fieldwork (minimum) along with a 8-10 page paper. Along with a presentation at the end of the year and we have to assemble a portfolio that has a bunch of stuff in it.

Overall, the project itself is fine. Fieldwork is absolutely no sweat and the paper isn't too bad (though it'd be nice if we had more time to peer-edit our papers). The one thing that's really annoying me is the portfolio, it just seems like such inane busy work. There's a lot of paperwork involved with it that requires your mentor's signature etc. that's no that fair to the mentors, especially when they are busy the rest of the week.

Overall, the project's fine. The portfolio's the blackspot.

13. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    lol, thanks x, i needed that :)

14. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I AM NOT WOUND UP!

15. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    -jumps back from brendan-

AAARGGH!

16. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Haha I gotcha...yeah I kinda hear you on that one. We had that mentor stuff too...I agree some of it was a bit inane. I knew a guy who's mom complained to the school about the project being too hard lol. He's like 18 and his mom had to stick up for him in his last months of high school. :rolleyes:

17. I haven't really noticed that. But i guess it's not just spring hormones/mating. It's getting those spring hormones and instead of going out enjoying life you're stuck inside and have to do that last bloody history essay because you postponed it until today and tomorrow is the last day of school and when you're done with that you have to start studying for the exams and all that while the birds are ****in' chirpin outside and the sun is shining in the sky and you really want to be outside now and what the hell do I know about Thomas Aquinas anyway I didn't even know who the guy was until yesterday and...

Sorry 'bout that. :p

18. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I have finals, my sister is getting married in two weeks and I have to help plan the wedding, my bands first gig is in one week, and I just started a new job.

I haven't been posting much, but I have been crabby. Don't worry, John, I still love you.

19. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Jock itch.

20. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    I would definatly say it has to do something with the combination of the heat, and our(for us males) "junks":D

and the fact that summer is so close, but we have so much work, and my school does not have A/C.:bawl: